• Announcements

• Admin

Regulamin Forum   12/31/16

Dogomania na Facebooku
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/DogomaniaPL/    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alan

Will your dog hop in the shower or tub on his own?

18 posts in this topic

All I have to do is open the door the shower and call Edge in and he will walk in (water running and all) to get a shower. He is the only dog I have ever had that I didnt have to take to the shower kicking and screaming.

I don't know yet. A few weeks ago I bought a shower attachment that I'll be able to use in the shower. I've always taken my dogs to a groomer to get them bathed. But I'm going to give it a try one of these days. I predict that Pooh Bear will love it, Maya will hate it, and Jackie will grudgingly put up with it.

We used to do BK in the backyard with the hose (we have hot and cold water outside). We'd tie him to the clothesline by his lead and he'd get initially excited because lead = walk, then get annoyed when it resulted in a wash. He looooved being let off afte the wash though and would roll around and be all silly for hours. He always put up with it, even though during bathtime he would flat-out ignore you, not look at you or listen to you and would just stand there pathetically sulking. Now he has a hydrobath from the mobile groomer and he likes it- he adores it, actually. He only gets bathed a few times a year so it's not a big issue- he doesn't need it any more often and it's too cold most of the time anyway.

I've hosed Jackie off in the wash stall at the barn, but didn't give her a whole bath. She wasn't thrilled about it, but she let me do it.

I've never tried to get them in and I don't plan to either. I have enough of a problem with my own hair in my bathroom without adding my dogs hair to it. :lol:

This actually reminds me, Kira was in the bathroom with me when I was having a bath the other night. Indy is normally happy just to lie on the floor but not Kira, she was totally freaked out by the idea of me in the bath.

Since my body was underwater and she couldn't see it, if I moved my leg and lifted it out of the water she got really scared. She obviously didn't understand that it was my leg and that it was conected to me - she must have thought it was some strange thing coming up out the water.

Yes, one of my dogs does jump in on command (In!). He only does this though because I started when he was a puppy by training him to jump in with hot dogs and a clicker. Isn't a clicker a marvelous thing?

My other dog willingly jumps into any body of water. I have to lock her out while I take a shower or she'll be right there in it with me.

My brother's basset, on the other hand, is impossible. You would think I'm trying to drown her with all of the noise she makes. It's nonstop howling until she's dry and free. Poor abused basset!

Buddy comes into the plastic baby pool begrudgingly when I ask him to. Doesn't care much for the bath but looooves the toweling off :P

[quote name='BuddysMom']Buddy comes into the plastic baby pool begrudgingly when I ask him to. Doesn't care much for the bath but looooves the toweling off :P[/quote]
Yep pretty much how it is here to :lol:

Gretchen my Lab/Rott gets taken to the Groomer once/month.
I bathe my Jacks in the tub, they don't come in by themselves I carry them in.
They put up with the bath and towel off and then do the Jack Russell turbo all over the house !!! :lol:

Not mine. I have to pick them up & put them in. They don't mine id too much once we are in there, I take baths with them to make them more comfortable.

Kira will grudgingly get in if I tell her to. Dex knows when its bath-time and tries to hide from me. Once he is in, he is ok. He just stands there like a bump on a log.

As soon as I wet Clea with the garden hose, she stays still until i'm done. And i mean still, she turns into stone! :o :lol:

i remember a time when i had to chase the dogs around the garden with the hose in-hand...then as they ran past me i would tackle them and cover them with soapy-ness...then chase them again.

i have found better methods, but i still have to chase them around the house to get them in there...
luckily you don't bathe Peis often so i dont have to deal with it too much. :lol:

Cosmic will come when called. He actually doesn't mind baths.

We've been washing his paws after walks recently - because of stuff he may pick up that may worsen his skin problems - and he now trots happily into the bathroom by himself once we get home! :D

mine get bathed twice a year. spring and fall. I have a kiddie pool in the yard, I run cold water in from the hose and then hot water from the house, so its cool, not cold. Free starts going ballistic as soon as she sees the pool, and climbs in while I'm filling it with the hose. Laurel has to be guided to it, but will get in when told. Laurel does not like the hose off when done, and tries to look as pathetic as possible. Free snaps at the water like its the enemy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Walk In Tubs  are must in a house for value due to families, but with such a small space a family wouldn't be your target selling audience when you re-sell so going to just a shower shouldn't matter.