Dogomania

Pooh Bear is eating his cone!

JackieMaya

Pooh Bear must think that his cone to keep him from eating his stitches is an ice cream cone or something! When I got home, it had teeth marks all around the whole edge and was fairly bent up. It looks like he'll be going through several of these in the week and a half that he'll have to wear it. Oh, the joys of coning a puppy! LOL

Here's a picture of Mr. Conehead tonight after chewing on his cone. It doesn't look quite the same as it did when I left for work! Does he look pathetic or what! I actually think I got him in mid-blink. He doesn't always look THAT pathetic!

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VAAhA94Y6QOdQwmWD!oqYtfCBZTuXZGVAujNxFHS3qq0JQIi*tz*xFNXwzd*K8I8QNQIsUdwLeOMVw1x!sXFjl6Awpy83pCh2cFkBqTazP!wWq6exKoO9ExKMl9GH0!f/DCP_00015.JPG?dc=4675522848419071310[/img]

He will get that darn thing yet. I like the one rotten posted. Looks like it would work well and be much more comfortable.

Put one of those cones on and try to function. I run into the walls anyways, I would kill myself with one of those things. I'm sure it annoys the crap out of dogs.

omg! :lol:
Sasha had to have one after she got spayed. Imagine, if you will, a sixty-pound clumsy puppy, all paws, in a two bedroom bungalow...I felt bad for her and put a t-shirt on her instead (an Al Pacino T shirt from Scarface, mind you! :D ) and she was fine.

Shadow had a skin infection last week and had to wear one so he didn't lick off the topical spray I put on it for itching. He managed to break it. It's very flexible and I can't imagine how he broke a chuck off. He didn't bite it because it came off cleanly. In all my years of using e-collars on dogs I have never had one actually break it. I wanted to get him one of those collars pictured but by the time it got to me through the mail he wouldn't need it anymore. I'll have to buy one later and keep it around just in case.

[quote name='rotten_two']i like this collar better -- it is probably more expnesive but i don't think pooh bear could chew it. it's made by bite not . . .

[img]http://www.vetamerica.com/ProductImages/2899.jpg[/img]

you can find them at [url]www.vetamerica.com[/url][/quote]

So how does this collar work? What's it called, and would I be able to get at a a vet clinic or do you have to order it? It looks very interesting. I've never seen that before.

And I wouldn't be able to put a t-shirt on him, because I know he would rip it up as he's not totally out of the chewing stage yet.

Guest Anonymous

I've never had any luck with E-collars. The one rotten posted I've heard good things about but have never used.

Good luck.