Dogomania

NEED REMOVAL URINE STAINS FROM WHITE DOG HELP

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I HAVE A LANDSEER NEWFOUNDLAND PUPPY AND I NEED SOMETHING TO GET THE YELLOW OUT OF THE WHITE FUR.HE IS STAINED FRON URINE FROM HIS KENNEL CRATE FOR TRAINING.I AM TRYING A WHITENING SHAMPOO BUT IS IS NOT DOING MUCH.THE GROOMER SAYS THEY USE SOMETHING CALLED "DEEP CLEAN"...BUT TO TAKE HIM IN IS $30.I WOULD RATHER DO IT MYSELF AS HE IS A PUPPY AND WILL MORE THEN LIKELY GET STAINED AGAIN TILL TRAINED.PLEASE TELL ME OF ANY IDEAS OR PRODUCTS,,THANK YOU :-?

Can't help with the stain removal but if he is getting stained from urine I am guessing he is fairly often spending a significant period of time in a soiled crate. The crate training and house training I am familiar with would want to avoid this. Maybe this will help prevent it in the future:
[url]http://forum.dogomania.com/viewtopic.php?t=10960[/url]
Just skip through to the houstraining and crate training sections.

We have a staing problem. Toby is being paper trained and he doesn't like the cold. His cute little white paws are turning gray from the paper print. It's funny, but washes out in the bath.

It sounds like the dog is in the crate to much. Puppies have to go potty ever hour or so. Toby was going in his crate anyway. He didn't want me to take him outside in the cold. So he is now confined to the laundry room. He sleeps in his crate and does his business on newspaper in one corner of the room. This works out alot better for us. Good Luck with those stains.

Guest Anonymous

THANKS FOR THE INPUT.I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE STATED HE IS 5 MONTHS OLD.AND NO MATTER HOW LONG OR SHORT HE IS IN THE CRATE HE DOES THIS.HE CANNOT BE LEFT LOOSE IN THE HOUSE UNATTENDED AS I WANT NOTHING TO HAPPEN TO HIM.SOMETIMES I BATHE HIM AND PUT HIM IN CRATE FOR A FEW MINUTES AND HE WOULD DO IT.I THINK HE IOS GETTING BETTER BUT I WANT THOSE STAINS OUT SO HE LOOKS BETTER TOO.HE IS CLEAN BUT LOOKS AWFUL LIKE THIS.I WILL TRY ANYTHING AND ALL SUGGESTIONS.THANKS FOR THE CRATE INFO,I HAVE LOOKED IT OVER AND AM GOING TO TRY SOME THING NEW.
THANKS TO ALL :D

Guest Anonymous

THOUGHT YOU WOULD ALL LIKE TO HEAR WHAT I CAME UP WITH...HERE IT IS.HOW TO GET DOGS WHITE AGAIN;

Whiter Pets:

If Mrs. Stewart's Bluing is good for white hair, is it good for white pet fur and hair? The answer is, of course, YES! Owners of white pets claim Mrs. Stewart's Bluing to be a real beauty treatment for their pets . . . even horses! Whether it be a palomino's tail being readied for a parade, or a poodle being groomed for a show, just a couple of drops of Mrs. Stewart's Bluing in the rinse water does the trick! Because we haven't tested MSB for whitening hair, we don't publish a specific formula. However, our customers tell us they wash and rinse their pet's hair as normal. Then, they dilute a "couple" or a "few" drops of MSB in 1-2 quarts of water and run the diluted bluing through the hair as the final rinse. Some do this with every washing, some only when needed.

• 3 years later...