Dogomania

How old should a Pomeranian be to be trained in a "spor

pomeranians

you can do baby agility through a kids tunnel and over poles (bamboo canes) that are raised very slightly. you can also set down planks of wood on the ground and get your pom used to walking over them. Don't start doing any formal agility training though like weaving or high/long jumps until your pup is over a year old as it will damage his growing bones.

Kat is right- jumping is tough on little bones. Good exercise is important to develop good muscles, as they help support joints. Poms are susceptable to patellar luxation, where the kneecap slides off on the rear legs- again, reasonable exercise is the best. But if your Pom is anything like mine, they don't know when to quit!
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwCbAp8Ymu1AAJ3OiQP6j8n*ZosJbPAqKlGlJj!9*Nhr113LnBXiyW4Qvk8lyiFDPsBtrwOCBjIiNYg6nKu1fIrhj*ArnJRhzInUr*iNnv0F0gaaFHKiFKBtwoCQ*BCO/92300005.jpg?dc=4675511059632064617[/img]

Yes, Conner DEFINETLY doesn't know the meaning of enough play!!!

He has the best time outside, he'll dash from one side to the other, trying to get my bigger dogs to play. I try to prevent him from jumping too much, but he dances, and stands on his hind legs pretty much all of the time to either try and get something, or climb over the gates we have set up for him.

Like I said, the only thing I've ever had him do is jump through a hoop on occasion, so I think he'll be fine. I'm more concerned about his natural dancing and jumping.