Dogomania

Dog walking kid neighbor

BuddysMom

This is just an adorable thing I wanted to share. Last night as I had Bud out for his final pee before bed (we go to this grass triangle a few houses down, a neighborhood mini park) ... this nice boy came running out of his house with a posterboard, saying he is starting a dog walking business! He had drawn two dogs (very well) on the poster and did a very nice job. This boy is maybe 12. What's also cute is he put "1 block $1, 2 blocks $2 and so on ... Well Buddy went nuts over him of course, he adores kids because the home that gave him up had a young teen boy. So I am actually going to hire him once in awhile. It will be a real treat for Buddy. But I will have to talk him down on the rates :lol:

I hired him on Friday and he did a great job!! He came back all out of breath, his girl-friend had gone with on rollerblades, so I gave them a bit extra for running him. I have to admit I was really nervous after 15 minutes and almost went looking for them but glad I held off. Someone asked does he have another dog, I found out that his family has a 16 year old cocker spaniel who's deaf and blind. He (the kids) are in 6th grade. Anyway it was fun and a total treat for Bud, and I finished cleaning out my flower beds in the meantime.

• 2 years later...

[quote name='BuddysMom']This is just an adorable thing I wanted to share. Last night as I had Bud out for his final pee before bed (we go to this grass triangle a few houses down, a neighborhood mini park) ... this nice boy came running out of his house with a posterboard, saying he is starting a dog walking business! He had drawn two dogs (very well) on the poster and did a very nice job. This boy is maybe 12. What's also cute is he put "1 block $1, 2 blocks $2 and so on ... Well Buddy went nuts over him of course, he adores kids because the home that gave him up had a young teen boy. So I am actually going to hire him once in awhile. It will be a real treat for Buddy. But I will have to talk him down on the rates :lol:[/quote]
thats a great story you got one thing right for sure dogs love kids:smile: