Dogomania

take a look at this dental care product

ShatteringGlass

I know someone that uses Leba III on her Yorkie. It's similar to that.
Her dog is feed raw also, she still needs to brush his teeth and he still needs to have his teeth cleaned at the vet twice a year.

I find just brushing and scraping the tartar off my dogs teeth is enough but my breed doesn't usually have teeth problems. (Well Magic has broken a lot of teeth but they are all still all white and shiny).

I was also wondering, I know these products are all natural but my first thought is they can't be good to give your dog if its strong enough to breakdown tartar on teeth. I would be surprised if it only worked on the teeth and nothing else like the digestive system or organs etc and damaged them, I don't know, I'm not into biology or physiology but it just doesn't seem right to me.

[quote name='MajiesMom']I know someone that uses Leba III on her Yorkie. It's similar to that.
Her dog is feed raw also, she still needs to brush his teeth and he still needs to have his teeth cleaned at the vet twice a year.

I find just brushing and scraping the tartar off my dogs teeth is enough but my breed doesn't usually have teeth problems. (Well Magic has broken a lot of teeth but they are all still all white and shiny).

I was also wondering, I know these products are all natural but my first thought is they can't be good to give your dog if its strong enough to breakdown tartar on teeth. I would be surprised if it only worked on the teeth and nothing else like the digestive system or organs etc and damaged them, I don't know, I'm not into biology or physiology but it just doesn't seem right to me.[/quote]

I heard that if you just scale/scrape teeth without polishing, it makes it easier for tarter/bacteria to stick back on to the teeth.

i'm wary of any product that does not give a detailed ingredient list.

personally i'd recommend getting the homeopathic remedy fragaria vesca, which is guaranteed 100% natural since it's homeopathic, and use it in conjunction with a regular brushing regimen.

fragaria vesca loosens existing plaque and calculus so it can be removed more easily (1 pellet/day for 4-8 weeks), and when given at a maintenance dose (1 pellet/once weekly) helps prevent new buildup.

100 pellets cost around $8-10

[quote name='TDG']i'm wary of any product that does not give a detailed ingredient list.

personally i'd recommend getting the homeopathic remedy fragaria vesca, which is guaranteed 100% natural since it's homeopathic, and use it in conjunction with a regular brushing regimen.

fragaria vesca loosens existing plaque and calculus so it can be removed more easily (1 pellet/day for 4-8 weeks), and when given at a maintenance dose (1 pellet/once weekly) helps prevent new buildup.

100 pellets cost around $8-10[/quote]

Where can you purchase it?

i think we're doing pretty good. :) here's a pic of my 3 1/2 year old dog's teeth. our main dental health program are lots of raw meaty bones and the occasional brushing (maybe once every other month or so, for the spots that do not get much cleaning action from the bones).

[img]http://www.mordanna.com/dog/Img_0367.jpg[/img]

the darker spots you can see are not tartar or calculus, they are actual discolorations in the teeth themselves. he was a stray dog and obviously on a poor diet before i adopted him, which will show in the development of the teeth even if a dog still has puppy teeth during the period of improper nutrition.