Dogomania

Bloat diet?

imported_Matty

Oh, I didn't realize that some one else had a Kavik. I got my name from the movie Kavik the wolf dog. Ever since I saw that movie as a child I thought the first dog (male) I get will be Kavik. I loved that movie.
DP do you ever have people ask if you are calling your dog cabbage? I get that alot, people ask why did you name your dog cabbage. I must be pronouncing it wrong when Im calling my dog :lol:

Just to update everyone on Kavik. I think it is the Innova dog food causing the gassy intestines :( I fed him only the Innova dog food mixed with Innova canned last night and he started salavating and licking about an hour afterward. Im changing him back to his wellness today to make sure. The pills the vet gave me work great for the gas. I also gave him some yogurt last night before bedtime.

[quote]Just to update everyone on Kavik. I think it is the Innova dog food causing the gassy intestines I fed him only the Innova dog food mixed with Innova canned last night and he started salavating and licking about an hour afterward. Im changing him back to his wellness today to make sure. The pills the vet gave me work great for the gas. I also gave him some yogurt last night before bedtime.[/quote]
[b]Quote by Matty[/b]

How terrifying: o This is one topic that scares me to death. I currently own 4 bloat prone breeds.
Matty, I would agree with you that it is the Innova which is causing the excess gas. Looking at my booklet for EVO and looking at my current bags of Innova I see the first ingredient is Turkey. Turkey is known to cause gas in many dogs. At the Vet clinic I work at; we have more cases of bloat during thanksgiving and Christmas due to owners feeding Turkey to their dogs.
It is wonderful you figured out what was causing your dog to have excess gas. Perhaps stick with foods that contain no turkey in them. I would also follow the advice your veterinarian gave you to watch out for gas causing vegetables as well