Dogomania

I'm a wreck

Yoladybug

I'm going on a cruise for Thanksgiving, so I had to board Abby. I've never had to do this before...she's always been able to stay with my family. I found a guy who comes highly recommended. He quit his job as a lawyer working for the state supreme court to become a dog trainer -- that's how much he loves dogs. His kennel is way out in the country with lots of land, and he lives on the property as well. I feel like I picked the best place to leave Abby, but I'm still a complete wreck! My family thinks I'm psycho, but I've just heard so many boarding horror stories. I just want her to be okay and come back her cheerful loving self. Ugg...I'm so upset I'm sick to my stomach. Talk about separation anxiety! I'm sure I'm completely overreacting :oops: Anyway...that's all.

It sounds like you found a great place for Abby! I'm sure she'll be just fine.

The first time I boarded my dogs, [i][b]Jackie[/b][/i] and [i][b]Maya[/b][/i], I was an absolute wreck, like a mom leaving her babies with the babysitter for the first time! I cried when I left them at the kennel. Since [i][b]Jackie[/b][/i] had been rescued from the pound, I didn't want her to think she was back in "jail," so I was more worried about her than I was about [i][b]Maya[/b][/i]. But they got along great there, and I could tell that they had a good time.

So I know exactly how you feel, but I'm sure she'll do great. It's just so hard the first time!

Have a great trip!

Thanks everyone. I love the idea of webcams! I'm still sad...I think it's just because I'm leaving early tomorrow morning, so I'm here in the house all night without her. You get so used to always having a dog around. I'm sure it all will be fine, and in a few weeks I'll be able to laugh at myself. I think it's just hard because it's the first time. If it's this hard on me now, what's gonna happen when I have kids! Anyway, thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!