Dogomania

People Magazine article on a Puppymiller

Lokipups

I have a thought about this. I dont think they handled this properly. Printing a few letters from dissenters, so what? There was more than 20,000 sigs on that petition. I still think it got swept under the rug. SO, what is peoples biggest monetary competitor in the mag industry? It is my opinion that we should write to THEM....asking them to do an article in our favor. My guess is they would jump to undermine the competition...

:evilbat: :evilbat: :evilbat:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mutts4Me

I'd say US Weekly was their biggest competitor, but People is kind of unique in that it not only covers celebs, but gives a fairly large chunk of coverage to average people, as well. Though I guess I don't read magazines that much, so others may do the same.

I agree that it's still being swept under the rug, but at least they printed [i]something[/i] instead of nada.

Courtnek, your absoloutly right! Sending an article to a rival magazine would be an amazing way to get People's attention. Who knows, maybe we'll have a doggy fued between the two mags soon? :lol: Lets just hope US Weekly won't shove it under the rug, too. Do any of you know about the whole Oprah petition? Whatever happened to that?

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='courtnek']to my knowledge the petition was never mentioned.

So you think US weekly would be the best choice? I think when I go to the store next I will check out the mags and see if anything looks to try to be competing with People. I'll write the letter, once I get the details worked out.[/quote]

I don't think it was mentioned, and I don't think there was even an "editor's note" after the letters... Sometimes when they get a ton of negative responses, they'll comment on it, or at least make a note, but I don't think they did this time. It's so infuriating :evil: I was so relieved that they printed [i]something[/i] because I'd read that they printed [i]nothing[/i] but I complained the whole way home about them not treating this situation and the letter writers with respect. I never did get a second response for my second letter. Jerks.

As far as competition, I really do not know. US Weekly is sold along side People, and they both cover Celebs a lot, but I don't think US Weekly covers much "real" people issues, so I don't know if they'd have any interest in a puppy mill issue. I don't know of a People equivilent. I think if Oprah can't do a show on it, maybe it could go into [i]her[/i] magazine.