Dogomania

People Magazine article on a Puppymiller

Lokipups

Please check out the Nov. 8 issue of People, in it ther's an article on teen entrepreneurs, one of then being a 16 year old kid who runs Cuddlypuppy.com :o . The site sells the infamous "miniature" breeds of all varieties, so much so that he's made 70 grand doing it :x .
Please, write to the editors of People magazine and help educate them on why this should NOT be tolerated!
[email][email protected][/email]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The person doing this is obviously a full-blown jackass to be thinking such nonsense. I mean, honestly. The worst part is all of the other jackasses who bought into the scheme. It truly makes me sick. I mean [b]SICK[/b]! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

[b]NYLabLady[/b]

I take that back, no. The worst part is the poor dogs being exploited for the pleasure of this person probably off buying accessories. What kind of crazy world is it when DOGS cannot even live a normal life? Something needs to be done about this. I wrote a nice little letter, you know, breeder to "breeder". :P I expect a return letter soon.

Still :x though, very :evil: .[/b]

Those "Puggles" are probably one of the most idiotic mixes I have ever heard of. PugXBeagle=Puggle. It also equals a whole hoard of idiots who will buy them and believe they are "the greatest BREED ever" and who will argue that "oh well i think they're just so cute, why not buy them?" :evil: STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :x

[b]VERY ANGRY NYLabLady[/b]

I'm not condoning this guy's website at all, but maybe he doesn't fully realize what he is doing. He is extremely young. Growing up, my family purchased a dog from what I now clearly recognize as a BYB, but we didn't know any better at that time because we'd never been educated on the issues. I still don't know enough about it to speak intellegently, but maybe some of you who do could write letters to the kid on the website with some resources and other information. Now that he has a successful business, it may not do any good, but at least he'd then have his conscience nagging at him.

[quote name='Yoladybug']I'm not condoning this guy's website at all, but maybe he doesn't fully realize what he is doing. He is extremely young. Growing up, my family purchased a dog from what I now clearly recognize as a BYB, but we didn't know any better at that time because we'd never been educated on the issues. I still don't know enough about it to speak intellegently, but maybe some of you who do could write letters to the kid on the website with some resources and other information. Now that he has a successful business, it may not do any good, but at least he'd then have his conscience nagging at him.[/quote]

He is 16- thats old enough to know better. And there is a HUGE difference between buying a dog and breeding them! I don't think his age should be taken into consideration when seeing how big of a scumbag he is... :-?

Will sign the petition... :)

it's possibly true that the kid knows no better, but PEOPLE should. They usually research their stories fairly well. not in this case, so I added my ire to the fire....

do you have any idea of the AWFUL can of worms you have allowed to be opened here? these are PUPPYMILLS!! not decent breeders, who care about health tests, breed quality, certification for eyes, hips, etc. You have given them Carte Blanc to mix any two dogs together, call it a breed, and sell it for enormous amounts of money with no guarantees for the health and welfare of the puppy. Honestly, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Take a stroll through your neighborhood shelter. There you will see the end result of puppymillers. dogs given up, because they didnt turn out "as expected".....

I TRIED (really, K, I DID) to restrain myself. I couldnt. I emailed the editor as well. this is SOOOO bad. they are ENCOURAGING people to do this!!!

Have you been to a shelter recently? Ever? Writing this story and advocating this kids "breeding practices" will do nothing but add to the number of dogs already abandoned, given up and unwanted, that live in CAGES in SHELTERS. With minimal monetary support, mostly volunteer staff, and begging constantly for the bare minumun of things necessary to give these animals homes. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? Good breeders dont take two dogs and mate them, to produce a "cute little puppy". True breeding takes generations, health certification, eye and hip
certification, all the things this kid is NOT doing. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?????? Do you WANT these dogs to end up at the neighborhood pound or shelter, gassed or injected to die because NO ONE WANTS THEM????

Good Lord, man, think about what you have done. You have opened a complete can of worms for anyone who wants to make a buck to do it by breeding dogs. These are LIVING, BREATHING creatures, not disposable knick-knacks...and there are way too many of them with no homes, no love, no place, in all the shelters worldwide. YOU are compounding the problem!!

Katy Courtney
Elgin, IL.

DOG LOVER

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']I'm so glad something is being done about this! :D The petition now has +7000 signatures!
[quote]Signature goal: TEN THOUSAND IS THE NEW GOAL!![/quote]
Do you think thats possible?
[/quote]

I just signed as 10499 :D

Also sent this to People:

What, no animal lovers on your staff? Or just no one with a strong enough conscience to know where to draw the line. I cannot believe People Magazine is touting Tim Hampson of Cuddlypuppy.com as someone to aspire to. There has to be a point where ethics come into play and money takes a back seat. Maybe this kid is getting rich, but that doesn't mean he's doing a good thing or setting a good example. He's creating his wealth off of the eventual suffering of other living beings. He is essentially running a Puppy Mill while thousands of puppies (mixed and pure alike) sit in cages and face euthanasia every single day. Buying a dog - a companion! - over the internet gives the buyer no chance to test compatibility with their family and lifestyle, which could lead to the dog ending up in a shelter somewhere. Buying from a Puppy Mill which mass-produces animals for profit often results in getting a dog which starts developing health problems after a couple of years. Tim Hampson is no inspiration, he's just an upscale puppy peddler.

Amber J. Dougherty