Dogomania

Anyone have 2 female Corgis?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am thinking of adding a second Corgi to my family. We currently have a 3 yr old female that we absolutely adore!

I have been told not to have two females. Anyone have any comments?

Thanks for the help!

[quote name='mollysgirl']I am thinking of adding a second Corgi to my family. We currently have a 3 yr old female that we absolutely adore!

I have been told not to have two females. Anyone have any comments?

Thanks for the help![/quote]

Hi,
I have got a young corgi girl :D Now she is 16 months old :wink: This is her picture:

[img]http://www.ee.pw.edu.pl/~olichwij/strona2/klio/100_0087.JPG[/img]

I've got 2 females, a mother and a daughter. The younger one is almost a year now and till now everything is OK. Of course Bacardi (the youger) tries to "stand higher" than her mum, but Mati (the mum :wink: ) so far easily shows her wher is her place.
I think that everything depends on the females' characteres and the way we treat her. I try to be fair according to both my females and as a result, my male is the most jealous dog in this whole herd :wink:

There is a 4 years difference between my females. As I told you, till now everything is OK, but I'm afraid that the situation will be changing - Bacardi is growing up and wants to be the more important. And I suppose that when the time comes, Mati will be the one who allows Bacardi to be the "chief".

Guest Anonymous

Justyna,

She is beautiful! How did you find one with a tail? My girl is the same color. She is very expressive and is such a happy girl.

Can't wait to find the one that will join our family next!

I know with 2 dogs, someone has to be dominate. My girl is so laid back, I just can't see it being her.

I'll keep you posted.

[b]Mollysgirl[/b]
In Poland(Also in Finalnd, Germany, Norway and another european countries) breeders don't cut tails. :D I think that corgis with natural tails are more beautiful then corgis without tails. :wink: Corgi with tail really looks like a fox :wink:
Have you got any pictures of your girl?
My Clio is a dominative bitch.She thinks that she is a german dog :lol:
I love sable corgis.But this is a rare color. :(

• 2 weeks later...

i don't have corgis but i just wanted to say that i have two females (my pyr and my pom) who since the pyr has hit adolescence (the pom is 10) absolutely cannot stand each other and the pyr has attacked the pom twice so now they must at all times be separated. unfortunately they can't "work it out". i would advise, if you really really want 2 females, to go with a rescue who is a few years older (ie, "settled") than your original dog and has a clear, established idea of where she would like to be in the pack so you run less risk of them arguing over hierarchy. i know it is hard to predict, but if you go thru a rescue organization they should have a pretty good idea of where the dog is at. for what it's worth, both girls get along famously with our male dog.

• 2 months later...
Guest Anonymous

I have a corgi... well it's my room-mates birthday present. And because of some things happening, Moogle ended up living with her parents. They have an older dog that's a good 10 years or older (short mut, that resembles an american eskimo), that puts up fine with Moogle. Daisy, used to be very independent kind of dog, attention when she wanted, lazy when she wanted to be lazy, eats when she wants to eat. Moogle is now a year old, very hyper, and going blind (practically blind unless she's in a bright room), and she constantly jumps and runs into Daisy, and she justs lays there. Moogle just learned early on who's in charge. Although Moogle thinks she's the big dog. Now when I bring over my dog, a Samoyed, Moogle goes nuts trying to get taller than Kiani.
At the dog park one time, Moogle met Julie, another pembroke, who's about 6 years old. All moogle wanted to do, was play, and she'd nip (hearding instinct) bark and run around her, until Julie just kinda sat on top of her and put her in her place, then Moogle just kinda left her alone.

If you find a good breeder, they'll take back the puppy if it doesn't work out. But give it time. The little one will go off on its herding instincts to get the bigger one to play with them or do what they want, until they're put into their place.

• 1 month later...