Dogomania

Looking for Artificial Insemination

Guest Anonymous

Do you think that AI is a good choice?  

1. 1. Do you think that AI is a good choice?

Guest Anonymous

:niewiem:
I have been looking all over the net for a site that will help me in the selection of a sperm donor. I have a female Alligator Pit who I am wanting to inpregnate. I live in Dallas, Texas and want to choose the right male to breed her with so I chose to do the AI thing that way I will get just what I want. If anyone has any information on AI for my pit it would be much appreciated. A little information about my dog: Her name is Clue Grand Queen Junxion. She is white and tan, Alligator Breed, weights 61 lbs, is 1 1/2 years old and is a very loving dog. She was raised as a child (not a dog) so she is very well behaved and playful. Just looking at her you would think she is a male because she is very broad chested and has a large head. If you have any information for me I would really love to hear from you. You can email me at [email][email protected][/email] or just post here on this thread. Thank You!

:o
First, you shouldn't breed a dog at 1 1/2 yrs.
You should wait til at least 2 years old so all the health tests can be done.
Do you compete with your dog? is she proven in anything? Like conformation, agility, weight pull etc.
Have you had her eyes, hips, patellas, heart, etc. tested to make sure she carries no genetic defects??
Also, you need to make sure the male has also been through all of this.
And do you have a waiting list of buyers of at least 10 people?
Do you have spay/neuter contracts?
Do you have a contract that states that the puppies are to come back to you if for some reason the new owner can no longer care for the puppy??
and do you plan on checking out every single home that the pups go to and keeping track of the pups until they die?

If not, then you are just adding to the ever thousands of back yard bred dogs in this world :cry:

I'd have to say Ditto there. Also that I learned something awhile back. "Alligator Pits" are just big, poorly conformed pits. I think I was told people just want to breed them and say they have an "aaligator pit" to be cool, like a status symbol. Because I was really having trouble with the whole AP thing, I kept asking what an AP was but the people who had them didn't have the answers.
Can you post the pedigree on your female? No one else to date has put up an AP pedigree. They claim it to be a line, but I was informed its actually a look that they breed for and peddle pups off of.