Dogomania

My dogs food. My food.

DogPaddle

Have any of you who have ever made your own cooked dog food ever thought you might just be better off eating the same thing as your dog?

I have been cooking the boys food tonight and it takes some time and space so I microwaved myself one of those cardboard boxed meals. I'm looking and the crud food for me and I'm looking at the ground meat, veggies, and rice for the dogs and thinking . . . theirs would probably be healthier and . . . taste better. :lol:

i actually feed my dog a lot of the same stuff i fix for the human members of the household, but i leave more of his (especially meat) raw instead of cooking it.

since i'm cooking almost everything from scratch, i don't feel guilty feeding my dog pasta and meat sauce for example, and whenever i make chicken stew, i cut off the wings before i boil the chicken to feed them raw, and also give the dog some of the veggies and stock from the stew.

i [b]have[/b] noticed that i make more of an effort to prepare healthier human meals since i stopped feeding commercial food exclusively, simply because it's easier to streamline all the shopping and food preparation. overall i feed my dog a diet that is about 70% raw and 30% cooked. evening meals are usually strictly RMBs.