1 member has voted

1. 1. What do you feed your dog?

• Home Prepared Raw
    • Home Prepared Cooked
    • Innova, Wysong, Wellness, Solid Gold, Canidae
    • Other Super Premium From Pet Specialty Store
    • Iams/Euk, Nutro, Eagle, President's Choice Lamb
    • Purina (Dog Chow, Purina One, Beneful), ProPlan, Ol'Roy, Pedigree

If you feed more than one type, choose the one you feed the most of or the one you would feed if you could just feed one. As there are not enough options to poll all foods individually I grouped them with similar foods as best I could.
If you would like to post your specific brand/type and why you like to feed it to your dogs that would be great too.

I try to do one meal/day home prepared cooked (ground beef, chicken and turkey, egg with shell, sometimes a touch of tinned tuna or other leftover fish I have prepared for me earlier, wild and brown rice, frozen peas, carrots, whatever veggies I have around, supplement from vet for home prepared meals.) For treats fruit and some veg and a dollap of yogurt and Benny Bully liver treats. The other meal/day I try to server Innova or sometimes Canidae. Lately cash has been short so I have been doing Canidae and even had to resort to one bag of Presiden'ts Choice Lamb. So I picked the one with Innova and Canidae as it most closely averages what I feed, although in an ideal world I'd like to do all home prepared.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote]I think the Duck and Potato is for allergies as well....just in case the Venison and Brown Rice doesn't work. [/quote]

:D Yes I looked at that one too, and if the NB works for her I'll probably buy the Duck and Potato for her once in awhile just for variety. I chose the Venison formula just because the feed store rep said it had a milder smell than the duck formula...

I'll definately keep you posted :D ...I just started the switch 2 days ago so she's not 100% on the NB yet . So far she seems to like it...lol...at least she's not picking the Canidae out and leaving the NB :wink:

When did you put yours on NB gigi?? Were you having allergy issues? Lyra chews her back paws relentlessly, and it seems to be at its worst not long after she eats. I stopped using carpet fresheners...I wash her paws after she comes in from outside...nothing has helped, SO now I'm trying to pinpoint if its something in her diet...

Ughhh...yup, Iams is crap.. Canidae is great food, but they don't make an allergy formula...Loki does wonderfully on it, but Lyra still itches more than she should, so now we're down to a single protein, single carbohydrate formula NB.....keep your fingers crossed that it works for us!

I love my vet...he's great with my dogs but he knows squat about nutrition. His 'solution' to her itching was to put her on Science Diet which I WON'T do......and I don't want to have to keep giving her allergy meds if I don't have to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='CincoandDahlilasgirl']I feed 2 different types(depending on the store we goto) The Ol' Roy (Yes my dogs like it) and Purina (Yes my dogs like that 2) With meat or something mixed in sometimes. We can't give Dahlila canned food otherwise she gets the runs and we arn't gonna feed it to 1 dog and not the other.[/quote]

both of those foods suck, no offense.
i'm sure the dogs like it, but it's not good for them.
read the ingredients on that crap, it's all fillers and chemicals, wich will cause them to get cancer when they are older...

[quote name='AllAmericanPUP'][quote name='CincoandDahlilasgirl']I feed 2 different types(depending on the store we goto) The Ol' Roy (Yes my dogs like it) and Purina (Yes my dogs like that 2) With meat or something mixed in sometimes. We can't give Dahlila canned food otherwise she gets the runs and we arn't gonna feed it to 1 dog and not the other.[/quote]

both of those foods suck, no offense.
i'm sure the dogs like it, but it's not good for them.
read the ingredients on that crap, it's all fillers and chemicals, wich will cause them to get cancer when they are older...[/quote]
Well if the stores we get our dog food at carried those foods and if they sold it at reasonable prices then we would and our nearest petco is like an hour to an hour and 45 min away so we get the food from there when we get a few hours during the day. We don't have a petsmart and we've tried the stuff from petworld outlet warehouse and the dogs never touched it. We've also switched them to a new brand today something like nutural balance (private company) I mean aleast they're being fed I mean I'm sure theres people who feed there dogs once a week or less. We also mix in stuff with there meals.

natural balance is a very good food.

i'm guessing you got the ol roy and purina at wal-mart?
if that is the only place you can get food at, they carry a decent food called maximum nutrition.

yes it is good that they are getting fed, i was just saying that they could be ded a better food, i'm sure you want your babies to have long healthy lives.