Dogomania

think nikki has a tick, whatda you think

hey guys found a bald spot on nikki and upon closer inspection I found a large lump about the size of a quarter with a dark scab on one side. he doesnt mind me touching it and it is definatly full of fluid. I tried giving it a little squeeze and it kinda bubbled up like there was some kind of membrane in there. I did notice behind the "skin" of the membrane there was a dark brown maybe a little grey thing about the diam of a tick tac. Is it a tick? pet hospital is closed right now and I just noticed it.

So I live in WA prolly doesnt have anything to do with it but I know I've never had a dog with any ticks so not sure if it is or isnt.

Anyway thanks for any help I get and as always I miss being able to check in here everyday it's just not possible anymore :cry:

hey smooshmiester, what the heck, you still havent beat me in posts yet girl, you better get on it :wink:

no but whats up? hows the dogs and all that?

I'm gonna try to take a cell phone pic, it might help although I'm thinking the quality wont really show anything, anyhow I'll give it a shot

ahhh...what can I say?...I took a year off from the computer...my post count suffered :wink:

Family is good....the Boxers are great! (We just added a new one to the pack....Flashy fawn female in the pic).

So what's new with you??? Don't be such a stranger...sheesh! :lol:

DAM! just lost the whole freak'n post I wrote, gotta love Dogo :lol:

So yeah, I'm doing well I've been working for my friend driving limos around town and making pretty good money. I also, just today, went to my first class taught by another friend in hopes to jump into the real estate game, I'm pretty excited about that.

On a more forum appropriate note, a few months ago I got a new puppy named Tony, he's a yellow lab. Already at 7 months hes a full 85 lbs he's so frick'n strong there are times I cant muscle things away from him :o

So yeah whos still around here? And if whoever IS still around here doesnt check in on this thread I'll re-instate the Harem and do some serious WHOOOOPIN!!!
:evilbat: :lol:

Hi there, it sounds like it could be a deeply embedded tick. If you have some alcohol dab a little onto the tick and see if it moves or relaxes. If it does then its likely a tick and it should emerge slightly to get more oxygen. If you can get tweezers then squeeze it gentlyaround the head and see if you can remove it intactly.

Good luck. :wink:

[quote name='deepseasnake']DAM! just lost the whole freak'n post I wrote, gotta love Dogo :lol:

So yeah, I'm doing well I've been working for my friend driving limos around town and making pretty good money. I also, just today, went to my first class taught by another friend in hopes to jump into the real estate game, I'm pretty excited about that.

On a more forum appropriate note, a few months ago I got a new puppy named Tony, he's a yellow lab. Already at 7 months hes a full 85 lbs he's so frick'n strong there are times I cant muscle things away from him :o

So yeah whos still around here? And if whoever IS still around here doesnt check in on this thread I'll re-instate the Harem and do some serious WHOOOOPIN!!!
:evilbat: :lol:[/quote]

Well...sounds like you've been a busy boy ! And who is Nikki?

As far as the old gang, there's of course K (our fearless leader and new-mom-to-a-pitbull), Sasha, BK, Mouse, Mei-Mei, Corgi, Courtnek, HorseFeathers, etc. etc. (pretty much everyone except Hobbit) oh, and all sorts of new blood :evilbat: ...I myself have just returned to the madness recently :wink: ...ahhhh...its good to be home :lol:

okay got pics

it totally started to squirm when I dabbed alchohol on it so its definatly a tick. so now my question is how exactly do I get it out? If I just tweeze it wont the head come off or something like that?

[img]http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=142524&toggle=fullsize&f=.jpg[/img]

and smoosh here is nikki
[img]http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=142523&toggle=fullsize&f=.jpg[/img]
he's my little mutt that acts like a chick so I gave him a girl name :D

K, I thought of you the other day, Nightwish is playing a show here next month and I saw an add for it so I thought I should check them out just for you.

so who pissed of hobbit? or is it too fresh to talk about :-?

what about Newfiemom and the little vietnam girl I was always getting so irritated at?

I got the dreaded [color=red]x[/color]'s too...

Oh yes, Newfiemom is still here...as for the girl from vietnam..is it the one with the lab? ("duck" I think the dog's name was)..if so, haven't seen her.

Hobbit was gone when I came back here....not sure what happened...I think there was an illness of some sort??

ahhhh...Taurus <sigh>......well Taurus is just about the most gorgeous thing we'vwe ever laid eyes on. He has taken over as ALPHA of the harem around here......just ask K...or Sash...or Hillside...or....or :wink:

as for your tick, yes you need to make sure the head is extracted...

try this:
[url]http://pets1st.com/articles/00082RemovingATickFromYourDog.asp[/url]

Good luck!

okay I think I fixed it, my picture hosts always change the URLs after a certain aloted time or something it gets quite annoying.

so taurus took my place huh, I'll have to do some digging and make sure he's treatin you girls right AND that he's busting trollers out like he should the guard dog of dogo is not a job for the meek!!!!

Ughhh...yup...thats a tick.

awww...Nikki is a cutie. What is he ?

oh and uhhh Deep?...you can relax...Taurus is a [i]dog[/i]. His "mom" posts here. But what a beautiful specimen he is !

the red Pittie in these pics...

[url]http://forum.dogomania.com/viewtopic.php?t=14592[/url]

:lol:

well just got back from the vet hosp. the doc there said this is only the 2nd one he'd seen in 20years that came out of a dog. usually they live in cows. I'm not even going to try to remember what the name of it was but its basically a fly that pokes a little mosquito hole and lays an egg that feeds off the host until it gets the size of this thing at which point it turns into a new fly.

scary shit man, that thing freaked me out, hell its still is freaking me out. the picture isnt totally accurate because he's all contracted, when he's fully extended he's easily a bit longer than the match *shudder* poor dog

glad I got the demon out though

[quote name='deepseasnake']K if I ever end up on that side of the world you are the first person I'm gonna look up :D

same for smoosh if I ever end up in her neck of the woods :wink:[/quote]

:lol: ya don't WANT to end up in [i]my[/i] neck of the woods, Deep......the bugs are even NASTIER here. Have you ever seen a Palmetto bug? :o

As far as K's neck of the woods...I vote we gather up the gang and have a "Dogo retreat" at K's new house :D :drinking: