Dogomania

Day 51

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well it is day 51. Starr has about 10 to 12 days left of this pregnancy. I am both excited and scared to death. I took her to the vet today to make sure that she was not gaining too much weight because she looks huge to me. They must think I am a nut at the vet! but i want to make sure everything goes smooth and she is going to be ok. She has gained 10 pounds from the time she got pregnant until today. Vet says she is fine! Anyone know about how many puppies an australian shepherd has??? wish me luck and does anyone know a good bail bondsman in case the vet has me arrested for harrassment???

Guest Anonymous

:o :o :o did iread that right you have AUSSIES?!?!?!?!?!?!
you HAVE to post pictures of the mom and dad.. and then the pups!! AWWWW i love a ussies ;) i *THINK* they have between 4-6

..................waiting for pictures........................

You should have her xrayed around day 52 - 54. They will get a pretty accurate count within 1 or 2.

Do you have a mentor? A breeder friend who also breeds aussies? If they are like Belgians, they can produce anywhere between 4 - 11 puppies.

They should gain about 10 % of their total weight during pregnancy, unless of course you are over feeding her. If she is 50 pounds, she should gain between 5 and 10 lbs.

Food is more important later (after whelping) than before. My Belgian gained 8 1/2 pounds with 8 puppies and was her svelte self within 3 days of giving birth, and that was even full of milk.

Good luck with the birth.