Dogomania

I'm aghast

marion

Yesterday Ruby starting coughing really bad and bringing up a foamy mucus. :( I've never had a dog with a cough before and I was really worried. :cry: She was eating and seemed well in every other aspect. I did think of Kennel cough but thought nooooooooooo, she'd only been her usual places, the heath with the usual dogs. Not very often we meet any.

Anyway today she seemed a lot better and wasn't coughing anywhere near as bad as yesterday but we took her to the vets tonight. It was confirmed she has Kennel Cough, :( apparently they have had several cases this week just at their surgery. We have a dogs home not too far away and they said an outbreak has started from there. Up to now Rosie has been okay but we will obviously be keeping an eye on her too.

Ruby is hardly coughing at all at the moment but then she is sleeping. She is on her medication. But........... they have a grooming appointment on Wednesday, do you think it's safe to take them or should I cancel. Never having had any experience of this :oops: I think I'd better be safe than sorry. The vet said to give it a day or two but I think longer may be best.

Sry to hear about that Marion! One of my friends dogs had kennel cough (and I believe still does) and his cough was awful to listen to. You just felt so bad for him whenever he started coughing. He didnt cough often but when he did, man it was for minutes at a time and sounded really bad! He got put on meds and it was still bad but when my friend took him off them, he seemed perfectly fine. It was really strange but he hasnt been coughing since.

Pit Retriever, where in Texas are you from?