Dogomania

All Natural Chemical Free Dog Food

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi - I promote the sale of Flint River Ranch Dog and Cat Food. My dog eats it and several of my friends and neighbors are using the products for their pets with good success.

[url]WWW.MAXPetFood.COM[/url]

[quote name='drjeffrock']In all fairness Flint River is a great food comparable to Wellness, Innova, and Canidae.[/quote]

while FRR is a decent food, it doesn't come close to innova and canidae. of course this is just my personal opinion, but in my eyes the drawbacks of FRR are:

- whole wheat [b]flour[/b] as first grain ingredient. whole grains are nutritionally much more valuable. i'm not going to go into the debate of wheat or corn vs. other grains at this point.
- poultry fat. a generic source of fat instead of something that is specifically named. i am wary of any dog food product where ingredients are not fully disclosed.
- synthetic vitamin E instead of a natural vitamin is used. the synthetic version is only about half as effective.
- most minerals are in form of oxides and sulfates, which are not absorbed as well from a dog's short digestive tract as chelated minerals.

the makers of innova and canidae both guarantee that the meats they use are hormone and antibiotic free, which is always a plus. natura (maker of innova) even tests their ingredients for ethoxyquin, BHA, BHT and pesticides, because by law the dog food manufacturer only has to list what they [b]add[/b] to their foods, but not what has already been added by a supplier. so a company selling you a dog food containing chicken fat may list on the label that it's preserved with tocopherols (vitamin E), but the supplier they bought it from might have stabilized it with BHA or other chemicals before selling it. ethoxyquin is a big issue in fish meal, yet as long as the dog food company doesn't add any, you won't see it mentioned on the label. i'm a huge fan of all natura products, [b]especially[/b] due to their rigorous testing.

wellness guarantees hormone free lamb at least, i don't know how far their other guarantees go.

[quote name='TDG'][ but in my eyes the drawbacks of FRR are:

- whole wheat flour as first grain ingredient. whole grains are nutritionally much more valuable. i'm not going to go into the debate of wheat or corn vs. other grains at this point.
- poultry fat. a generic source of fat instead of something that is .[/quote]
:klacz:
Those are the two main reasons I dont feed Flint River. Currently I am feeding my pooches Wellness lamb, have fed both Canidae and Innova in the past.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

FRR is a high quality dog food with nutritional ingredients. Those of us who cook for our dogs use this when we are time constrained or when boarding, etc. It's good stuff.