Dogomania

Artisan Normand Basset

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I hope somone can help... We have researched and decided that we would like a Artisan Normand Basset, but we are having a terrible time locating a breeder. If anyone out there has any information or possibly has one of these wonderful dogs we'd love to hear from you.

The Fredrick Family

Guest Anonymous

Where abouts do you live? I quite frankly never even knew there was SUCH THING as an Artisan Normand Basset, but in case someone does, it might be easier to find a breeder if they know where abouts you live. :wink:

[url]http://www.acacanines.com/breeds/BAsset%20Artesien%20Normand.htm[/url]

This link should work. alternatively just type "basset artesian normand" into Google. It is a page of info about them with a button to click on to find a puppy in your area. (if you're in the US I assume.) I have no idea about the quality of the breeders but maybe with a rare breed BYBing/puppy milling isn't such a huge problem... anyway good luck! they are lovely dogs! :)

edit- artesian seems to also be spelled artesien (probably French spelling?)

Guest Anonymous

Thank you both!

I live in Sacramento, California. Unfortunately, I have done the search as well as many others and have come up empty handed. I do believe Artisien is the French Spelling, deriving from Artios. It seems like there are plenty of places in Europe, just none here in the US.

We really fell in love with these little guys and maybe if someone has one out there you can let us know where you found him/her.

• 7 years later...