Dogomania

Tsuwa Golden Retrievers

Rowie-the-Pooh

[url]http://www.tsuwa-snapdraggon.com/Tsuwa/Tsuwa.html?[/url]

What a wonderful breeder! I came across her site yesterday and just had to show you guys! A wonderful example of a really serious breeder, who breeds for the better of her breed. I am seriously considering getting a pup from her as my next dog... :wink: (IF they ship that is... :roll:)

[size=2]Aroura, I posted this mainly for you. I know your looking for a good pap breeder and I though I could show you an example of a good breeder. I know you know the difference but I though you would love to see a wonderful breeder. The website brought a smile to my face. She can also recommend you to a pap breeder, she seems very friendly![/size] :wink:

This is Ash:

[img]http://www.tsuwa-snapdraggon.com/Tsuwa/Page_2/IMAG006.JPG[/img]

Just look at that beauty! Wowee!

Check out his pedigree too!

[url]http://www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=27635[/url]

What a wonderful pedigree! :o

Even if I can't get one of the pups, I hope the breeder and I will get to be friends at least! :wink:

they are beautiful!!

I see now why my old Golden would never have been considered showable - he was HUGE compared to these guys!! he weighed over 100
lbs. These guys also stand much closer to the ground than he did....

very nice breeder - I liked Frenzy's shot - just a LITTLE soaked there.....

:lol: :lol:

[quote name='courtnek']they are beautiful!!

I see now why my old Golden would never have been considered showable - he was HUGE compared to these guys!! he weighed over 100
lbs. These guys also stand much closer to the ground than he did....

very nice breeder - I liked Frenzy's shot - just a LITTLE soaked there.....

:lol: :lol:[/quote]

:lol:

I would love a pic of your old Golden! :D

We should chat "Golden Style" sometime! :wink: I'd love some more information on Goldens from another Golden lover! :D

He's been gone alot of years now.....I only have one good picture, and no scanner. He didnt like to have his picture takem, he was afraid of the flash.

He passed on 20 years ago...it doesnt seem like that long. His name was Taurus....

Anytime you want to "talk Goldens" let me know!!

:)

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

I have the pleasure of owning a Japanese Chin bred by Adrienne Wilder of Tsuwa/Snapdraggon. My Saki is a gorgeous, well-bred, wonderfully socialized boy who will turn two in November. I have the highest regard and respect for Ms. Wilder as a breeder. If you are selected to own a Tsuwa or Snapdraggon puppy, you will not be disappointed! And I do mean select! She is very particular about who owns her babies!

Goldens have really become so diverse in both colour and morphology. In the UK here, judges don't encourage red dogs, as the breed name suggests, the colour should be golden. I have seen so many colours of Goldies ranging from pale almost white to mahogany colour, but I have to say the nicest ones in my opinion are the mid Goldens, that have a deeper ear colour but can still be called a Golden.

This is my Zoe, who is 12 years old past in June, and is still mad as a hatter. Reckon she looks her age?

[img]http://sander.servehttp.com/kat/zoe%20bonio.bmp[/img]

[img]http://sander.servehttp.com/kat/zoe%20on%20lead.bmp[/img]

Well Rowie -- she looks like she is definetly doing it for the breed. I do not like the fact of the early spay and neutering but that is my opinion.

Well this is my goldie girl -- she is to big for conformation or showing. Her brother (1 1/2 years younger than her is about 5 months old and ways 68lbs already!! He has paws the size of my hand! Well I call her color mid gold. I do not care for ones with Irish Setter coloring or almost all white ones. I like the golden color!

Here she is at her indoor agility class-
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgDZAiMT43BuU7Qdn8dfJ!dUzRgfJD9q!RbfBQUjWvwY7pHj61gFWGya!ZfzZhMSpXYa3wpo5SE*LKUpvLn55XRcHEBPu9cFVUhKgfZlLow/scan0007.jpg[/img]

and when she was about 6-8 months old out eating snowflakes-
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QwDKAlETD35uU7Qdn8dfJyF9ayg39*44TFu7PFMLfBw6tuLaHHPPuvA5Ap8C3E*2gU4O!AIkYEQpMEiqLlKaALJcZIEhK4uWqrEs6noRWe8/scan00050.jpg[/img]

Taurus was a medium-gold, which I like better as well...But he was large, boisterous, crazed about being paid attetion to - typical!!! :lol:

I have a picture of him with Isis, my old cat....They are laying on the
floor tegether and Isis is snuggling up to Taurus, and he actually has his
paw over Isis's back, like he's saying "he's my pal..."

OK so I have to tell a story now. Some have heard it already, although I dont know if Rowie has....

Taurus and Isis became fast friends in a short period of time. Isis was a kitten and Taurus was about 9 when I got Isis....Taurus passed on when he
was 13, so Isis would have been 4.....

I had Taurus cremated seperately and still have his ashes in a little
sealed urn with his name on it....Isis was devastated after he died, couldnt figure out what happened to his best friend.....

When I brought the urn home, I put it on the bookcase headboard on
my bed. I went to work. I came home from work, and found the urn
on the floor in the living room, with Isis sleeping next to it, like he used
to sleep next to Taurus. Although I found this strange, I picked up the urn and put it back on the headboard. It didnt matter. No matter where
I put it, Isis would find it and drag it out, and sleep next to it.
Now this was a cat that could open any door ever invented, including the
front door unless it was bolt locked (I'm NOT kidding) so even putting the urn in cabinets didnt work.

I eventually gave up. I bought a special bed for Isis and put the urn in it, and it stayed there until Isis passed away. He slept with it whenever he slept, and if you moved it he would pace and meow till you put it back.

Kinda weird, huh? He was so attached to that dog that even in death (I suspect he could smell the ashes through the urn or something) he wouldnt let go....

Isis was cremated as well, and his urn now stands next to Taurus' on the
headboard, never to be seperated again.

I especially like this...

[quote]Please Note: I [b]do not[/b] sell pet quality puppies intact. EVERY PET that leaves here is spayed/neutered before it goes. No exceptions. Please do notask me about giving you stud service if you are breeding your bitch only to produce some pets. If you are serious about a show puppy, I will do my best to help, even if that means referring you to some one else.[/quote]

Talk about nipping puppy farms in the bud!

[quote name='courtnek']Taurus was a medium-gold, which I like better as well...But he was large, boisterous, crazed about being paid attetion to - typical!!! :lol:

I have a picture of him with Isis, my old cat....They are laying on the
floor tegether and Isis is snuggling up to Taurus, and he actually has his
paw over Isis's back, like he's saying "he's my pal..."

OK so I have to tell a story now. Some have heard it already, although I dont know if Rowie has....

Taurus and Isis became fast friends in a short period of time. Isis was a kitten and Taurus was about 9 when I got Isis....Taurus passed on when he
was 13, so Isis would have been 4.....

I had Taurus cremated seperately and still have his ashes in a little
sealed urn with his name on it....Isis was devastated after he died, couldnt figure out what happened to his best friend.....

When I brought the urn home, I put it on the bookcase headboard on
my bed. I went to work. I came home from work, and found the urn
on the floor in the living room, with Isis sleeping next to it, like he used
to sleep next to Taurus. Although I found this strange, I picked up the urn and put it back on the headboard. It didnt matter. No matter where
I put it, Isis would find it and drag it out, and sleep next to it.
Now this was a cat that could open any door ever invented, including the
front door unless it was bolt locked (I'm NOT kidding) so even putting the urn in cabinets didnt work.

I eventually gave up. I bought a special bed for Isis and put the urn in it, and it stayed there until Isis passed away. He slept with it whenever he slept, and if you moved it he would pace and meow till you put it back.

Kinda weird, huh? He was so attached to that dog that even in death (I suspect he could smell the ashes through the urn or something) he wouldnt let go....

Isis was cremated as well, and his urn now stands next to Taurus' on the
headboard, never to be seperated again.[/quote]

Courtnek, that is a beautiful, beautiful story! :cry: I'm all chocked up now....

[quote]I have the pleasure of owning a Japanese Chin bred by Adrienne Wilder of Tsuwa/Snapdraggon. My Saki is a gorgeous, well-bred, wonderfully socialized boy who will turn two in November. I have the highest regard and respect for Ms. Wilder as a breeder. If you are selected to own a Tsuwa or Snapdraggon puppy, you will not be disappointed! And I do mean select! She is very particular about who owns her babies![/quote]
marivi90804, this is definately fate! I was wondering about talking to other people who have purchased dogs from Ms. Wilder. :) Can we please chat some time? Can you PM me? Ms. Wilder seems like an excellent breeder, I am seriuosly considering purchasing one of her puppies. But not for another year or two. The screening process will be hard I am sure, since she has never seen me before, and I am living on another continent. Something I was thinking of doing is sending her a video of our "life". You know, the house, the garden, Rowie (my other Golden) , feeding time, play time, training time...etc. Sound like a good idea? :)

Sorry Rowie -- no website. The breeder that we got our girl from just breeds her golden once a year if even and then sells those pups. She is not some big kennel or anything. Rio was her 2nd to last litter. She just had her last litter this year. She decided to retire her female -- she had 4 litters I think. She kept a male from the last litter even though she wanted the female (her husband fell in love with him) he is 5 months old right now and is already 68lbs! He is huge.

Well I think that early spay and neautering is to risky but other than that I liked the breeder.

I read that ya found a good breeder in your area Rowie -- yeah -- when are you thinking of getting another dog?