Dogomania

First run of the year !!!

Pumpkin the musher

Well, this weekend promises to be cool enough for our first training run of the year- We start out with short runs of 2 or 3 miles, with lots of stops for pets, treats and water. My lead dog Bug knows something is up- she stares at me all the while I'm outside just quivering with excitement. Some of the other ones are'nt that bright... :roll: Hopefully we get a "real winter" this year and can actually go to more than one race! I'll post back on Tuesday and let you know how we fared. :cool2:

Well, the weekend didn't turn out as well as I'd planned. On Friday I took Aesa, a 6 yr old female to the vet cause she was off her food a bit and seemed a little down. After some tests, the vet told me that she had massive kidney failure and would not survive. She was put to sleep that day. He said that it was probably hereditary and could not has been prevented or forseen, but that did'nt make it any easier. That evening, the rest of the dogs looked for her during their social time, even little Cricket looked in her house. It was very sad to watch. On Saturday, we went for a short run, as it was about 55 degrees, and it was hard to leave her harness on the hook. Her running partner Gemma seemed to be confused as well. Travel well, little Aesa, we miss you.