Dogomania

Help! A bad situation.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am in a bad situation. My dog had some puppies. I took the pups in for a health check less than a week before I let the pups go. They all had a clean bill of health. The day the people came to get the pup we all saw blood come from her rear. I offered them a full refund or $100 to take it to the vet. They chose the $100 and take it to the vet in my city. The vet said it had colitis and gave them some antibiotics and they deciced to take the puppy home with them which they live out of state. I told them I would pay for drugs to treat the pup. Well, the pup is worse and they took it to the vet again.

They took the pup which they knew was sick, even taking it to the vet before they left town on my dime. Since they took a puppy with the full knowledge it was sick, how responsible am I? I offered them a refund of the money they had given me and they turned it down. I did not try to talk them into taking the puppy or anything close. I feel bad about the pup, but do not know how much I owe them since they knew it was sick. I guarantee the pups but what about in this case? Help.

• 2 months later...

Since I am a breeder, I would not have let them take the puppy from me, irregardless of where they traveled from to get the puppy.

I would have waited until the puppy was 100% well then offered to help them pay to come back and get the puppy.

Just my take .... never ever would a sick puppy leave my house, even if it was "nothing serious". All pups leave my house healthy, happy, bouncy and energetic.

[quote]I am in a bad situation. My dog had some puppies. I took the pups in for a health check less than a week before I let the pups go. They all had a clean bill of health. The day the people came to get the pup we all saw blood come from her rear. I offered them a full refund or $100 to take it to the vet. They chose the $100 and take it to the vet in my city. The vet said it had colitis and gave them some antibiotics and they deciced to take the puppy home with them which they live out of state. I told them I would pay for drugs to treat the pup. Well, the pup is worse and they took it to the vet again.

They took the pup which they knew was sick, even taking it to the vet before they left town on my dime. Since they took a puppy with the full knowledge it was sick, how responsible am I? I offered them a refund of the money they had given me and they turned it down. I did not try to talk them into taking the puppy or anything close. I feel bad about the pup, but do not know how much I owe them since they knew it was sick. I guarantee the pups but what about in this case? Help.[/quote]

Well I just relised that it's no wonder u don't know what a puppy mill or BYB is. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

And Judy and Kat, this post was made over 2 months old, and was made by the same person who started the "Puppy Mills and BYB's" thread. Go read it and see what I mean. :roll: