Dogomania

Flyball

yellowlabsrule

I participate in flyball. I have been doing it for going on 4 yrs now.

What would you like to know? But let me warn you, if you decide you want to play flyball, it can be addictive :lol:

Check out my site [url]www.ok9s.com[/url] I started the team back in Jan. Under pictures, you will find some pics from a tourney back in June. There are some great pics.

Kim

What does it take to start a team? How much does it cost to make to equipment or buy it? The closest team is about 100 miles away from me, but I think Sable (my ACD, BC cross) would love it. Her and my other dog Winnie (in my avatar) both do agility, and they both love balls, so I think they would really, really, like flyball.
(I really like your site, by the way)

What you need for flyball: 4 jumps at least 8" high-you can buy a set of 4 wood, unpainted for $75, a flyball box-expensive to buy $350-500 with shipping, you can by pass the box for now and make a chute. You can find some plans on the internet on some of the flyball sites...

Flyball is expensive but fun

Send me your email address and I will send you a bunch of training tips.

[email][email protected][/email]

• 3 weeks later...

Well, why Sable, Winnie, and I were at state fair competing in 4-H, we went to see a flyball demonstration. Sable watched it and shook with excitement (and I think a little fury at other dogs doing something so fun!) and a little yipping went on. So after, I went and asked the lady about it, and my mom asked her if Sable could try it and she said YES! :D So the first time she loaded the box, Sable just went up there and pulled the ball out, but the next time we showed her how to hit it and from then on she ALWAYS hit the pad! :D :D (in fact the very next time, she had figured it out so well, that she just took one paw and hit it in the exact place needed.) So we started working one jump, two, three, until we were at the starting line. She did all the runs perfectly! She was as good as the dogs who were doing the demo! (maybe better :wink: ) It was very awesome. So we went back and watched the "competition" (just to show people what it's like, not really a competition) and Sable was barking along with the dogs, and whenever the guy said GO(!) Sable would pull on her leash. The lady said she had NEVER seen a dog learn so fast, but a person there said theirs learned that fast. The people also asked me where I lived, because they said that they would snap us up in a minute to be on their team. But, that was in salem (2 1/2 hours from here :cry: ). I'm not the only one who was bummed that their are no flyball teams here. Sable was to! :(