Dogomania

Japanese Spitz a breed??

mommacat

Ok, guys, can you help me? You know I have this little Japanese Spitz named Maya that I already love - here's the prob.
When I looked up the breed, Dogo had a section on it, but the AKC doesn't list them at all. They list the Finnish Spitz, but no other kind. What is up with that? Isn't the J.Spitz a breed??
Thanks for any help.

They are in Japan,Sweden,Norway & Finland, Austria & UK & Ireland
I give CC in them here in the UK and have judged them in Sweden
The nearest breed you have is the American Spitz & there is also the Volpino Italiano they are all very similar.
I have two a mother & daughter 12 and 8 years old & have bred 2 champions
Ickle

There ia a book on the Japanese Spitz by Marco G Piasentin
Distributers are Libreria "ll Libraccio"
Via Portello 42, 35129 Padova, Italia.
International Standard Book Number (ISBN): 88-85689-16-7
hope this helps :D

Thanks so much, everyone. Here in the US< all we ever hear about is the AKC. I knew I'd get an answer here!!! :lol:

Thanks for the info on the book, Ickle, I will definetly look for it. She is such a sweetie, we are all really happy with her so far.

I am almost ashamed to say it on here, because I know how many of you feel, but I answered an ad in the newspaper. :oops: We went to "look", and of course, you know how that works, this little girl went right up to my daughter and started trying to play with her hair, and we were hooked!
Both parents were there, so I know she's a purebred, but have no papers. Now that I know the AKC doesnt register them, I wonder, could we have one that is registered in the US? All dogs that I've had that have been purebreds have been registered with the AKC, so I guess I just thought that was it for the US.

Hi Mommacat
CCs are the cards you need to become a champion (Title)
In the UK you need thee challenge certificates (CC) under three different judges to gain the title champion. ( To gain the title you need to get at least one of the three CCs when the dog is over 12months)
Coat should as the samoyed. (They are believed to be related way back in their history)
Treat the coat as you would your sammy's and you will not go wrong except we do trim around their feet & up the back of the [b]rear legs [/b]to the hock joint [b]Japs do not have snowshoes[/b].
If you saw the parents and you were happy about how the pup had been raised and the conditions where she lived were acceptable,then that is all that matters.She obviously has a good temprament or you would not have her.
Why do you not collect all the info you can on your bitch (she must have a pedigree from her parents(( If not hers then theirs)and send a copy to the AKC who may be able l to help you with regards to registration etc.
good luck with your baby & I loved the pics.
Ickle
good luck with her.
Ickle