Dogomania

A question about dogs not eating?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I recently moved from Ohio to California, of course bringing my dog Blacky. Since we've been here he's basically not been eating at all. We bought some wet dog food and he'll eat that but only if we sit next to him while he does it. Otherwise he's been drinking an extraordinary ammount of water. Occasionally he throws up foamy yellow? stuff.

We've tried changing dog food to something smaller and easier for him to eat. Still nothing. If he's eating the wet food then thats fine.. but its bothersome that he won't eat at all unless I'm sitting with him. And I'd like to get him back to his normal diet of dog food, as thats what he's eaten since he was a pup.

It's getting to the point where his bones are showing.. I really don't know what else to do and I'm not really in a position to take him to the vet right now.

Any advice?

Thanks.

i would say take him to the vet but like yousaid you cant...

sure hes just not home sick? how long has it been since hes eaten?

some times dogs just do that, they wont eat and a few days later they are hungry. he might have some kind of blockage in his intestine..
or just an upset stomach.

after our long move to florida, mimi wouldnt eat or go to the bathroom
for a few days.. LONG car rides can bother dogs even if they like to be inthe car.

I would try my hardest to find a vet that would work something out with you. and for now, if you have to sit near him for him to eat, i would do it.
something is better then nothing.

I know you are worried and it will be hard but I wouldn't reccomend that you sit with you dog while he eats otherwise you may be setting yourself up for a pattern that is very hard to break. If he gets used to it now he will ALWAYS want you sitting with him.