Dogomania

Anyone have info on Canidae or Innova's testing practices?

Sanvean

As I mentioned in the "Chihuahua food" thread, I'm going to switch Macy from Iams (which she was eating at her breeer's) to either Innova or Canidae, which are two of the higher-end foods available in my area.

However, I can't find any info on their Web sites about whether they test on animals, and PETA doesn't name them as companies that don't. Anyone have any info on this? I've e-mailed the companies but not heard back yet. (Of, course, I only sent the e-mails today!)

Just wanted to share that the Natura folks (makers of Innova) e-mailed me back and said they do test feedings only, monitoring the animals for health and weight. They said there were various reasons they didn't want to be on PETA's list (which they didn't go in to, but I assume were political).

Still haven't heard back from Canidae.

Sanvean, I don't use Canidea on my dog, because I don't get it here. :( But many of the members here use it, and from what I understand it is GREAT! :wink: I don't think they test on animals, only IAMS does(from what I know). But atleast it would be better feeding Canidea than IAMS. :wink:

Thanks for the info, Rowie! I'm not sure yet which we're going with. I did used to feed my kitties California Natural, and they LOVED it. They only reason I stopped is because I could only get it at one store, which was rather inconvenient at the time. (We live a lot closer to it now.)