Dogomania

***PET FOOD ALERT*** How long will your pet live?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

:cry: Plump whole chickens, choice cuts of beef, fresh grains, and all the wholesome nutrition your dog or cat will ever need.

These are the images pet food manufacturers promulgate through the media and advertising. This is what the $11 billion per year U.S. pet food industry wants consumers to believe they are buying when they purchase their products.

This report explores the differences between what consumers think they are buying and what they are actually getting. It focuses in very general terms on the most visible name brands -- the pet food labels that are mass-distributed to supermarkets and discount stores -- but there are many highly respected brands that may be guilty of the same offenses.

What most consumers don't know is that the pet food industry is an extension of the human food and agriculture industries. Pet food provides a market for slaughterhouse offal, grains considered "unfit for human consumption," and similar waste products to be turned into profit. This waste includes intestines, udders, esophagi, and possibly diseased and cancerous animal parts.

Three of the five major pet food companies in the United States are subsidiaries of major multinational companies: Nestl

Guest Anonymous

I personally won't feed any commercial foods (things from food lion and petsmart). I feed my dogs Flint River. It was in the top five in a dog magazine. I also feed them homeade dog food. Recipes for dog food are all over the internet, and some are actually good for them. I don't feed purina because of the ingredients. I know a dog who died from eating it but it's a depressing story which I am sure Dogomania doesn't need at a time like this. Anyway, dyes also hurt your dogs and cats. Not good for them at all. I know a few who feed the BARF diet but i have little children in my house and won't let raw meat around here at all.

:) I like and agree with what Djenn has posted about dog foods. If nothing else at least they are putting an awareness out there that many don't know about.

I don't know anything about the food they are promoting and still think a fresh food diet is better than any processed diet.