Dogomania

Tyr's teeth

DogPaddle

I know that there are dog mints that you're supposed to feed one tablet every day for ten days or something like that. Supposedly, it causes the dog to want to lick its own teeth clean. It's supposed to freshen the dog's breath too. As with any product, you still have to brush their teeth. Also try dentabone and stuff.

We currently feed Tyr 3x per day as he (and Zaphod) are still puppies or at least young adults 8months and 4months. I don't I want to pay for 3 greenies a day as they are almost $2.00 a piece her and that is $180.00/month in greenies, even if we went down to two feedings it would be over $100/month. May try the doggie breath mint product if I can find it. My mom also suggested trying to give him 3-4 ice cubes after every meal as this will wash and slightly abrade (sp?) the caked on food out of his mouth - maybe. We'll see.

Hmmm, we just fed Tyr and gave him a very small portion and this time no gunk left in his mouth. He doesn't stop to drink during a feeding so maybe his mouth is drying out, maybe he just needs even smaller feedings (more of them of course.) Didn't have this problem when we free fed but we can't anymore because Zaphod was becoming rather portly (must be the Lab in him - Labs do so love their food don't they.)