Dogomania

Also a new member

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

:) Hi. I too am a new member. I haven't actually started breeding, but am doing lots of research on it. Any advice would be great. I have a cockapoo as my pet and would love to breed her, not for profit, but just to have some of her offspring as pets. She's such a great dog, we'd love to have future generations in the family.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]PLEASE DON'T![/b]
Number 1. There are enough dogs and puppies in shelters.
Number 2. A cockapoo is nothing but a mix.
Number 3. Let's say she has 10 pups. Are you going to keep them all??? If not what are you going to do with them?
Number 4. Spayed dogs are WAY better pets, and she won't have as many heath problems and personality problems.

Guest Anonymous

Welcome! Most of us are against breeding unless it's done to better the breed, and the parents are not over bred. And more stuff...of course....

We love all dogs, though!

Guest Anonymous

I am well aware of the problem of dog over population, I work 30 hours a week at my local shelter. I'd never thought of breeding her until friends started saying they'd love to have one of her pups if I ever did. That put me to thinking that I wouldn't mind another dog around here. But, I'm starting to think I'll just adopt another poo, hopefully from a rescue. The shelter I work at only takes large dogs, and I don't have enough space for them. Plus, I have no idea what to breed her to, as I've been told not to breed a cockapoo to a cockapoo. And you can't register these dogs, so you know nothing about their health or past. I think you've talked me out of it.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='nessiebo']I am well aware of the problem of dog over population, I work 30 hours a week at my local shelter. I'd never thought of breeding her until friends started saying they'd love to have one of her pups if I ever did. That put me to thinking that I wouldn't mind another dog around here. But, I'm starting to think I'll just adopt another poo, hopefully from a rescue. The shelter I work at only takes large dogs, and I don't have enough space for them. Plus, I have no idea what to breed her to, as I've been told not to breed a cockapoo to a cockapoo. And you can't register these dogs, so you know nothing about their health or past. I think you've talked me out of it.[/quote]

:wink:

As I said above, WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you love her spay her. To much can go wrong in a breeding its not worth loosing her. Breeding her can also change her demeanor. She could begin urinating and deficating in the house to mark territory. (yes b*tches do this too). These behaviors rarely stop even when you spay. She could become overly protective and aggressive as her hormones contiue to rise and fall, and even if spayed afterwards, she could exhibit agressive behavor from displaced maternal instinct. Also, no one with a quality dog is going to breed to your girl. And breeding to the dog down the road might expose her to nasty doggy VDs that could be spread to you when you whelp and handle the puppies. There are also bacterial infections that can be contracted through breeding your girl, that could spread to her lungs or brain and kill her before you even know anything is wrong.

Breeding is never a paint by number... ;)

ok....what defines when a conversation has gone too far:

a: we stray COMPLETELY from the original topic
b. we start singing the praises of peach wine
c. we start revealing secret fantasies about sheep
[quote]Yup, and sheep! :sheep: [/quote]
d. we ACTUALLY bake a sheet of biscuits and post the
photo to explain the difference between flaky buttermilk
bicuits and chocolate oatmeal cookies :lol: :lol:

Guest Anonymous

A cookie is like...Chocolate Chip, Macadamia nut and White Chocolate Chunks, Peanut Butter, Sugar, Oatmeal Raisin, and the list goes on...

Biscuits are what Sasha said... some people like them with jelly or gravy..

Guest Anonymous

Yes, biscuits.

[img]http://www.pillsbury.com/Images/View/biscuits/Grandsgrp.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.pillsbury.com/Images/View/biscuits/hjGoldenLayers.jpg[/img]

Cookies!

[img]http://www.pillsbury.com/Images/View/cookies/Cookie_Bag.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.pillsbury.com/Images/View/cookies/RTB_Group.jpg[/img]

Oh, by the way K, I WOULD eat cookies for breakfast. I'd eat cookies all day long if I could! :lol: