Dogomania

Preformance Dogs!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I guess that's sorta like when I had a habit of chewing on my necklaces, I had to put something that tasted bad on them! LOL
Thanks for the advice, but Hazel's on a really stricked diet, so I wouldn't be able to do that... But thanks anyway! :)

• 2 weeks later...

For the trash can problem:

My girls decided they liked trash a couple months ago. I got tired of putting the trash can on the couner and did what I should have done earlier. I put a "shake can" on the lid of the trash can. The trash can sits against a wall so the shake can sits on the lid and against the wall so it was not real secure on the lid, which I wanted. They have not been in the trash for a couple months now and we do not need to put the shake can on the trash but we still do periodically. Especially, if there is something really "tasty/smelly" in the trash. Sometimes we put it on the trash just because...we do it maybe once or twice a week, as a reminder.

One of my dogs is very sound sensitive so I knew it would work for her but did not realize it would work for the other trash seeker. They both stay pretty far away from the trash now.

If you do not know what I mean by a shake can, it is a small metal can that I put coins/screws/nails, basically anything that will make loud noise when shaken. You can also use an old soda can...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

That actually sounds like a great idea! Thanks! I'll try it!
We never did get a new garbage can! We were going to, but then with the Xmas shopping, we all forgot, so I'll try the shake can idea!