Dogomania

Dalmation info??

yellowlabsrule

Guest Anonymous

Hi Yellowlabs,

I would say the biggest health issue with this breed is that about 12% are born deaf! While they are very intelligent they are know for being stubborn, which leads many inexperienced people to assume they are stupid. Dals are also VERY high energy and needs lots of exercise...one would think agility would be an excellent outlet for them. As sadly often happens with any breed that becomes popular Dals have been over breed by BYBs, this may have lead to a break down in solid temperment......I have heard a lot about dominance agression issues. This said, a "good" Dal can be a great dog! Hope this helps a little, good luck.

Later,
Trinity

Yellowlabs, Dals also have a (very controllable) health issue: they can sometimes have a uric acid anomaly which causes stones to form in their urethra. I believe it can be controlled by diet though. All in all Dals are gorgeous, intelligent and ACTIVE dogs who have unfortunately become the target of BYBs and puppy millers due to 101 Dalmatians and its popularity.

Have a look at this link for more info...

[url]http://www.dalmatian.asn.au/dalmatian.html[/url]
hope this helps!

• 6 years later...