Dogomania

New Rottie Rescue!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I hope the moderators will forgive me for posting this message in two different categories, but I'm hoping by posting here some Rottie lovers will see it if I posted it here. :)

I'm happy to be able to post this note for some very good friends of mine. If anyone here lives in their coverage area I'm sure they would welcome a helping hand or two.

-Rachel

PLEASE CROSS POST:

Serendipity Rottweiler Rescue, Inc. is pleased to announce that it has filed for incorporation as a 501(c)3 organization. Serendipity Rottweiler Rescue is devoted to rescuing and rehoming Rottweilers in Alabama, Georgia, and the Florida Panhandle. Serendipity also puts great emphasis on educational efforts regarding the breed and responsible pet ownership.

The organization was founded by volunteers who love the breed and believe in giving something back. Its members and volunteers have many years of rescue experience and have participated in several venues of the Rottweiler world including conformation, obedience, agility, carting and herding.

All Rottweilers undergo a thorough temperament evaluation prior to entering the program and during their stay in foster care. All dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped, and completely vetted prior to going to their adoptive home.

Potential adoptive homes undergo a thorough screening process to ensure
that the dogs go only to individuals who are responsible and understand the special needs of this breed. Serendipity will provide post-adoption support and educational assistance throughout the lifetime of adopted dogs.

The organization is currently seeking volunteers and foster homes to assist in its educational and rescue efforts. No special skills or experience are required of volunteers - just a big heart, time on one's hands, and a desire to help homeless dogs. If you live in Alabama, Georgia or the Florida Panhandle we would love to have you join us!

For more information visit our web site at [URL="http://www.serenrottrescue.org"]www.serenrottrescue.org[/URL] or send an email to [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]

• 3 months later...

:o Daisymom! You have got it bad, don't you? I can highly recommend this breed. Max is the first rottie we have owned and I have to say he is smart, loyal, friendly, and a wonderful companion. He was about 6 months old when we got him. He hopped in the back of our car, sat down calmly and rode like a gentleman. He was a joy from the beginning. No acting out, marking inside, or destruction of household items. His only vice is an absolute obsession with tennis balls!

There are so many rotties out there on rescue sites. We would already have another one, but we hesitate to disturb the well balanced relationship between Max and our saint. But sometime in the future we plan on having two rotties at a time - both neutered or spayed, of course! Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

[b]I RESUCED a rottie 4 years ago, he had been beaten very badly and was staved etc. now with a lot of hard work he is very gentle and well behaved. he didnt even know how to eat out of a dish or play etc now he dose all those sort of things.but we still have trouble introduceing him to strangers. so we still do that with great care. he now live's in the house and dosent like to be out unless we are with him. when he is played with you always have to let him know who's boss,but anyway my point is he is the most loving faithful dog now so it was all worth it.but i still think if your thinking of rescure one you have to be sure it's the right thing to do.you always have to let them know when enough is enough.so good luck to anyone who rescues,and i hope there are people out there that do and have the same results as i have had.because i wouldnt part with him for the world. :lol: :) :D [/b]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

What a wonderful organization. Very interesting site, too - I'd [i]love[/i] to be a volunteer (and I would do it in a heartbeat too...if I lived in America and wasn't still sixteen and living at home with my parents :roll: )
I just love Rotties. I've already picked out a name for my first girl - Emma! Since my parents aren't keen on dogs, I have to wait until I'm old enough to move out to get Emma. But I know she's out there somewhere, waiting for me.
Rotties are such a wonderful breed. They all deserve a second chance.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I resuced a Rottie back in Feb. she's now... guessing....... 7 months? She's a great dog!!!!! although very much my Husbands dog :) she got kind of mad at me when i brought home her brother Cody..

• 2 weeks later...

Hello people,this is my first time here. I would like to say that I am so happy to read some positive news on Rottwiellers. I am glad to hear of the rescue society as well. I have a 4 year old rottie named Heidi and she is the most wonderful animal. I have two young children that have been raised with her since she was a wee pup. She is extremely loving and tolerant with the kids. She plays with them all day and sleeps as they do at nap time,gearing up for another play session. I am always careful to ensure that the play never gets too rough and she seems to know as well and will walk away when she is tired. I would recommend a Rottie to anyone looking for a large dog. She is extremely intelligent and will learn everything I try to teach her. It is very true that Rotties need to know who is boss! It is not a breed for someone that doesn't want to be in charge! I am saddened that irresponsible Rottie ownwers have given the breed a bad name. There is even controversy in our local media with some people trying to have the (and other) breeds banned. This is a sensitive subject as many people are scared of the breed and manipulate statistics to make it seem that Rotties are the most dangerous thing in the world. I know my dog is not. Anyway,have a good day dog lovers .

• 3 months later...

[quote name='rottie_mama']I hope the moderators will forgive me for posting this message in two different categories, but I'm hoping by posting here some Rottie lovers will see it if I posted it here. :)

I'm happy to be able to post this note for some very good friends of mine. If anyone here lives in their coverage area I'm sure they would welcome a helping hand or two.

-Rachel

PLEASE CROSS POST:

Serendipity Rottweiler Rescue, Inc. is pleased to announce that it has filed for incorporation as a 501(c)3 organization. Serendipity Rottweiler Rescue is devoted to rescuing and rehoming Rottweilers in Alabama, Georgia, and the Florida Panhandle. Serendipity also puts great emphasis on educational efforts regarding the breed and responsible pet ownership.

The organization was founded by volunteers who love the breed and believe in giving something back. Its members and volunteers have many years of rescue experience and have participated in several venues of the Rottweiler world including conformation, obedience, agility, carting and herding.

All Rottweilers undergo a thorough temperament evaluation prior to entering the program and during their stay in foster care. All dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped, and completely vetted prior to going to their adoptive home.

Potential adoptive homes undergo a thorough screening process to ensure
that the dogs go only to individuals who are responsible and understand the special needs of this breed. Serendipity will provide post-adoption support and educational assistance throughout the lifetime of adopted dogs.

The organization is currently seeking volunteers and foster homes to assist in its educational and rescue efforts. No special skills or experience are required of volunteers - just a big heart, time on one's hands, and a desire to help homeless dogs. If you live in Alabama, Georgia or the Florida Panhandle we would love to have you join us!

For more information visit our web site at [url]www.serenrottrescue.org[/url] or send an email to [email][email protected][/email][/quote]

Ooh thanks for this....will check it later when I have more time! Saving this thread to watch! Thanks! :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I am new here so hope you don't mind that I just jumped right in on this.
We rescued a rottie 2 years ago. He was approx. 3 at the time and was a stray. He had been in foster care for a while, so we visited with his foster mom to make sure of his temperment (I do daycare). We fell in love the minute we met him. He is the most loving caring dog I have ever been around. he loves to meet new dogs, new people, new surroundings, just an all around great dog.
So my 2 cents here is you don't always have to adopt a puppy. A grown dog can adapt to your home and family as well as a puppy. And you don't have to go through all the puppy stages! lol
I wish the best for this new rottie rescue.