Dogomania

Otterhound???? Neglect?

yellowlabsrule

I know a lady who has a dog that she says is an otterhound, but is she is only about a foot tall! So, what could it be? It looks like a miniature otterhound! I am wondering if it could have been extremely stunted, but is it possible to stunt a dog that much? (the gal is not a good dog owner) Which brings me to another question... can you anonymously (sp?) put in a report on someone to the humane society? I know the lady, and I don't want her to be mad at me. She has one so called otterhound, and a chocolate lab. Also, she doesn't beat them or starve them, but they've lived in a kennel all their life :cry: , and the living conditions aren't that great. Is that a ligitimate complaint?
Thanks!

Guest Anonymous

Depending on the living conditions... What people consider horrible sometimes is considered okay to the animal control....
*An animal must have adequate shelter..A dog house (*with a roof)(I have seen them without!!)
*Feces should not be covering the area.. The animal control determines what is suitable.
*The animal must be fed and water. Being able to reach the food and water also.
*MUST have a rabies shot
*As far as care...No massive cuts, lumps, and etc that should need immediate attention by a vet..Animal Control also determines this...

I do not think they classify living in a pen as neglect... That is one of those things were you and I might feel that it is wrong but it is not our choice nor our animal. :-?

About the otterhound.... Maybe it is a mix.. maybe it has a liver shunt as those do stunt growth from what I know... It is hard to say!