Dogomania

Anyone ever heard of Healthypetnet dog food?

Guest Anonymous

What kind of food do you feed your dog?  

1. 1. What kind of food do you feed your dog?

• Canned
    • All Natural

Guest Anonymous

The groomer I use is trying to talk me into switching from Eukanuba to Healthypetnet dog food. Supposedly it is a super premium all natural dog food.

Anyone ever heard of it?

Opinions, please.

Guest Anonymous

Sorry I haven't heard of that one.
I feed Ruby Advanced Pet Diets.
She didn't like Nutro very much. She likes smaller pieces.
I heard that Eukanuba has Chamomile in it?
I don't know how good it is supposed to be.
I just know not to feed grocery store brands like my parents did.

Guest Anonymous

Never hear of Advanced Pet Diets. Where do you get it?

Incidentally Eukanuba is not a grocery store brand. You can only get it at pet and feed stores. However, Iams is a grocery store brand.

Healthypetnet is suppose to be an all natural food that is super premium and not available in stores. They claim that your dog will be less likely to suffer disease, cancer and allergies and claim that dogs live to be almost 20 years old on this diet (sounds like an absurd claim to me!) You can only purchase it from an authorized distributor, or on line by searching for "healthypetnet".

Maybe this is a new type of food?

Guest Anonymous

Advanced Pet Diets I get from a pet food store called Red Bandana Food Supply. (not a megastore)

I have seen Iams & Eukanuba in the stores. Any comments about these brands? Good/Bad/Neutral?

Their claims sound too good to be true. I'd be a little skeptical.

Guest Anonymous

Yes, I agree their claims are way to good to be true. :-?

On the Iams/Eukanuba issue...

You will definately find Iams in the grocery store, in fact all grocery stores carry it. However, Eukanuba you can only purchase at pet food stores. Every grocery store will tell you that they are not authorized to carry Eukanuba.

Is Advanced Pet Diets an all natural dog food?

We have a feed store that carry's many foods like, California Natural, Diamond, Nutro and a few others but Advanced Pet Diets I haven't heard before. Just curious :P .

Guest Anonymous

We feed her the Growth Puppy Formula.
(Maybe we should stop feeding her this.... :-? ....she's 11 Months & already 50 lbs.! :o ) Is there a "stop growth" puppy food?? Hehehehe :lol:

Seriously, Advanced Pet Diets has:
[b]All Natural Ingredients[/b], fortified with vitamins & minerals, Multi-Source Proteins, fortified with calcium, contains digestive cultures & yucca, and [b]CONTAINS NO BY PRODUCTS[/b]! :D

:cry: Sad to say Tiggerress..Eukanuba Is BAD-VERY VERY BAD!!!!! :evil: Rowie was on itwhen I got her, then I switched to A new brand....

And ya wouldn't believe it....

Her fur is thicker..........

Her skin has improved....

Her ears, gums teeth etc. Beautiful! A Show person or breeders dream! (ok,ok, not EXACTLY a breeder or show persons dream...but she Is MY DREAM!)

The little baby! 8)

[i]Becka said[/i]
[quote]...claim that dogs live to be almost 20 years old on this diet... [/quote]

I always compare dog food claims to BARF claims as BARF is obviously the best thing to feed your dog, and this claim is worst than that miracle "pawws" pill you see on TV at 1 in the mourning. The way I see it is you can never outdo BARF with "dog food" just come as close as possible and these claims seem to be implying just that, so I'd stay skeptical till you get an unbias opinion (yeah like that can happen :roll:)
thats just my thoughts, though some people SWEAR by their dog food food so either way whatever makes you and ur doggie happy

Eukanuba's bad cuz...here I go again.........

#1: They TEST on animals....once they bred a litter of Great Danes...then when they grew up broke thier bones WHILE THEY WERE ALIVE to check how the dog food had effected thier growth..........
#2:THEY PUT very BAD STUFF IN thier food....

AND lots of other reasons BUT! I acn't list them up here....I think a member has a website adress that says it all.............. :wink:

See ya :wink:

Guest Anonymous

Rowie,

Please tell me what kind of bad stuff they put in their food, and I would be very interested to know the facts (not rumors) that they test on animals. Do give me the web site address you are referring to so that I can personally check out these claims.

I would never want to feed my dog food that was "bad" for them. If you have information based on fact, please share with me so that I can make an informed decision based on actual facts.

This dog food does conform to all AFCO standards. My question is Would the AFCO allow them to put anything in the dog food that is nutritionally bad, and do they endorse animal testing?

I will definately switch dog foos if these claims you are making can be backed up with actual fact.

Thank you!

Guest Anonymous

I have heard of Healthypetnet. A friend of mine feeds the food to her dog.

It is a food you can only buy over the internet or through a distributor. It is kind of like a pyramid sales thing.

The ingredients are some of the the best and it is an all natural food and includes probiotics. It was developed by a vet and nutritionist. I agree that some of the claims are way out there, but it is suppose to be an excellent food.

On the Eukanuba issue, is it me or is Becka being personally attacked here? I used to feed Eukanuba. It is not found in the grocery store because it is a "Premium" food. I've never even heard of the breaking of the animals legs as described. If Becka is feeding it to her dogs and is happy with it, than so be it.

There are many, many foods worse than Eukanuba, there are also foods better. What is so BAD, BAD about it?

Each of us has our own opinions on dog foods, and it is up to each of us individually to choose the types we feed our dogs.

I, for one, do not see what is so bad about Eukanuba/

Guest Anonymous

I asked for the facts, and my goodness, I got the facts :evil: .
My mother always told me "be careful what you ask for".

What a wake up call, Thanks for the info.

Although i do believe Eukanuba is a good food, I can not support a company that does such cruel and inhumane testing on animals just for the sake of producing a better food.

Thank you!!

Guest Anonymous

Drats!

K,

The post that states "I asked for the facts and my goodness, I got the facts..." is mine.

I'm at work and I forgot to log in :cry: .

I will check further into this and do a little investigating of my own. I am the kind of person that need to back things up with actual fact, not rumor, gossip or inuendo (sp?).

The article you state is so very detailed, it would be extremely cruel for someone to make up such statements to promote their web site. I would have to guess some or all may be true :cry: .

Thank you!

Guest Anonymous

I have used only Euk and Iams for years, with excellent results-but what I'm learning is so scarey! :o

My cousin works for a dog food company (developing feeds). Should probably chat with her more often! :wink:

Connie

As always, I'm going to play a little devil's advocate here to try pick the brains of the people I feel like I really work for. I know that many of the things you read on the internet about animal research are written in a way to make you think that all animal research is horrible, but what if your dog has kidney failure? Honestly (not trying to be hostile really want to know what you guys think :oops: ), would you want to know what food was the best to feed your dog? The only way to obtain that kind of knowledge is to do the experiments. I know this seems horrible, and I'm not sure if Eukanuba performs the tests in the best way possible cause I don't work there, but science requires sacrifice. If you say that you would rather put your dog to sleep than have any experiments performed on animals, imagine your child, husband, mother, partner, etc dying of kidney failure........now does that change your mind? If you really feel that ALL animal experiments are bad, I'm curious to know how you imagine that research can progress? I'm not saying that experiments should be perfomed in the barbaric ways described about Huntington Life Sciences in Europe and the US, but what do you guys think is tolerable and what is'nt. I'm really curious and not trying to pick a fight, just trying to determine where the line is drawn. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I agree with you totally doc, if one has to die to save 10 then so be it, I do believe that it is possible for a company to get "sacrafice" crazy and do excessive exparimentation, which is wrong.
but one definatly has to step back and relize how bad off we would be right now if this kind of testing never took place.

Ya I really love that particular family of disease, by far one of the most interesting facing modern medicine. I guess that infectious disease is really a hobby for me (if you can believe that, LOL), my primary interest is in embryonic development. It's so cool that a single cell divides and divides to give rise to something as complex as a human or a dog to stay on topic of the site :P

yeah I just saw the show on it and all it was about was people who ate brain and spine to give them the shakes. the tribes men who have the shakes the most are considered stronger and closer to god than the rest, pretty bizarre.
but its the same in animals right? caused by eating brain of recycled members of the same species?