Dogomania

Obedence Class

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='candybug2002']2 Questions-How can I find one and how old should she be?? :-?
Thanks so much![/quote]

You can check in the phone book and see if any training centers are listed near you. You can call local kennels and also ask your vet about classes.
You can check at [url]www.akc.org[/url] for all breed and obedience clubs in your area and contact them to see if they run any classes.
I always suggest pups go to puppy kindergarten if you can find a good positive oriented one in your area and then go on to basic obedience or agility or both.

[quote name='Anonymous']I always suggest pups go to puppy kindergarten if you can find a good positive oriented one in your area and then go on to basic obedience or agility or both.[/quote]

Good suggestion, but you forgot to mention dogs should not start agility until they are at least a year old, 18 months - 2 years for larger breeds.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Aroura'][quote name='Anonymous']I always suggest pups go to puppy kindergarten if you can find a good positive oriented one in your area and then go on to basic obedience or agility or both.[/quote]

Good suggestion, but you forgot to mention dogs should not start agility until they are at least a year old, 18 months - 2 years for larger breeds.[/quote]

That is not how they do it here - we have puppy agility classes with jumps flat on the ground and obstacles made safe for pups etc and the pups LOVE it!
Some classes incorporate agility concepts AND puppy kindergarten :-)