Dogomania

I want a Yorkie.....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone know where I can find a Yorkie pup? I've been looking for a like 3 years. I'm not turning my back on my bullboxers, but I need a lap dog. and a 70 lb dog just isn't a lap dog. I don't even know anyone here who has Yorkies. I'll probably never find one, but if anyone knows where I might let me know!

Guest Anonymous

I have a Yorkie. He was abandoned at a shelter and my vet's wife who is on the board or directors for our local Humane Society happened to see him one day and bring him to the clinic. He needed lots of medical care and I fostered him for months before finally adopting him outright (he has extensive special needs and no one wanted him). Anyway, he was a shelter dog. Have you checked the shelters? Or you could check petfinder.org. I just did a search and they have a virtually endless list of Yorkies needing homes. Just type in your ZIP code and you might find some nearby. There are abandoned Yorkies all the time just like with any other breed. Good luck.
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgAAABoa37LLArcCLs4f61hFfQ7ZYGRGY1XDLvmJ9dDTPr1WLgGx2n!RonbsnrI*6in0oyeEqJXcQWuiArCe98fyNBj46IZ5ao*11MYsriPnsmUKbuH5hQ/Goober-fade.JPG[/img]

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='bullboxers']Does anyone know where I can find a Yorkie pup? I've been looking for a like 3 years. I'm not turning my back on my bullboxers, but I need a lap dog. and a 70 lb dog just isn't a lap dog. I don't even know anyone here who has Yorkies. I'll probably never find one, but if anyone knows where I might let me know![/quote]

Hmm you seem to be collecting dogs at the moment - the mixbred and then a pitbull or a boxer and now a Yorkie? what will you do when a feisty little Yorkie gets in the face of your larger dog(s) and gets bitten back?
That aside there are ALWAYS yorkies needing homes as there are thousands and thousands of mills and backyard breeders (and I'm under estimating it here I know) as well as responsible breeders producing them.
Go to [url]www.petfinder.org[/url] and look at all the ones up for adoption. They are pretty easy to find dogs.

Guest Anonymous

I didn't get the pit or boxer, that fell through........I have wanted a Yorkie for 3 years, and then when I say Goober on Horsefeathers website it brought that want back. He is just so cute. Besides like a said I need a lap dog and 70lbs of bullboxer is not so easy on the lap. My daughter also wants a small dog. One that can sleep with her at night. I was just wondering if anyone knew where to find one. I looked on petfinder and there don't seem to be many in my area. and Guest so what if I am collecting dogs is that hurting you. As soon as I get my house and all my land I am opening a doggy homeless shelter!!!!! Is that alright by you?

Hmmm... I see you are in NC. I'll see if I can find some kind of breed rescue that might be close to you if you're interested. How far would you be willing to drive? Do you absolutely want a puppy, or would you consider an adult? If you are wanting a really young puppy, I think it might be good to consider seeing if there are any breed clubs near you and they would probably be better to steer you in the right direction. I was just pointing out that sometimes they do end up in shelters and you just might get lucky. I'm in a really rural area and I've been surprised so many times to find beautiful (once cleaned up) purebred dogs there. Anyway, it was just a consideration.

I'll see what I can find in NC. :D

Guest Anonymous

I don't know if I am dead set on a puppy or what. I might take an adult dog, I would just have to see it to know. There is a real simple way to find out, that is to take my daughter go see the dog and see how well they get along. She keeps telling her daddy that she wants a little dog so if it jumps it can't knock her down....(shes 3) She loves dogs, but sometimes McKenzie can get excited and she will knock her down, and lick her to death!