Dogomania

Breeding

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

If a blue heeler is breed to a red heeler does it affect the blood lines at all or is ok b/c they are the same breed just different colors?

Guest Anonymous

I know nothing about heelers, blue or red, but I would think a reputable breeder, some books, some research, and a few websites could answer the question.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Grey Stone']If a blue heeler is breed to a red heeler does it affect the blood lines at all or is ok b/c they are the same breed just different colors?[/quote]

[url]http://www.ar.com.au/~norclark/acdcoat[/url] talks abotu coat colors in this breed and the 'lethal' merle gene

[url]http://www.ar.com.au/~norclark/acdcoat2.htm[/url] shows what you can get by crossing different colored dogs
and this is a great resource site on the breed
[url]http://www.ar.com.au/~norclark/site_map.htm#top[/url]

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Grey Stone']If a blue heeler is breed to a red heeler does it affect the blood lines at all or is ok b/c they are the same breed just different colors?[/quote]

Australian Cattle Dogs come in two colors - blue or red. Back yard breeders continually refer to a mating of blue to red as "crossing blue and red". This is absolutely ignorant of the breed and proves this person knows nothing about the breed.

A resulting puppy from ANY mating, regardless of the color, depends solely on their GENETICS. Genetics is what makes up the dog - every aspect of the dog - EVERYTHING about the dog.

The COLOR of the dog has NOTHING to do with the bloodlines, their genetics does.

Please excuse the rudness here ---- BUT, if you are intending on breeding and you are asking this question ----- you should not even consider breeding until you have researched the breed and become familar with the characteristics of the Australian Cattle Dog. Please don't ADD to the already growing population of dumped ACD's at Animal Shelters/Humane Societies/Rescue Organizations and city streets!!

Guest Anonymous

Treavor, i totally agree with you.

my dad used to breed fox terriers, and i remember countless times he had to turn down dogs to mate with his bitch because they were never properly licenced, never had reputable owners and were not fit to breed at all. If these dogs had been bred properly, and the owner had a large knowledge of the genetics of dogs, then our foxies, and us wouldn't have had to travel huge distances to find a reputable owner.

Guest Anonymous

AID is an American Indian Dog - I just read about them a couple of days ago and they are the perfect dog - [url]www.indiandogs.com[/url]

BS - is a belgian shepard - i have a tervuren and she is such a sweet dog with such a good temperament. Though she is so cheeky. But she has these facial expressions, that you wouldnt think possible for a dog.
Belgian Shepards are such wonderful dogs. look them up.

i also have two shetland sheepdogs which are lovely as well. though i only have three dogs, i want more!!!