Dogomania

large breed puppy food?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

what do you guys recommend? He's 8 weeks old and great dane/ridgeback/rotweiller/alsation.

I've only been able to find Purina lamb and rice for large breeds and it's about $15 for a 4 kg bag.

I live in Jamaica and want something good but cost effective. Can I mix regular puppy food and large breed? Should I mix human food?

Guest Anonymous

What have I gotten myself into?

I just found Science Diet 40 pound bag for $64!!!! How much does it go for in the states.

Guest Anonymous

wow ok... well someone even told me to make sure he got extra protein.

This is so confusing. So what brand of food should I feed him?

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='abusser']wow ok... well someone even told me to make sure he got extra protein.

This is so confusing. So what brand of food should I feed him?[/quote]

If you have Purina foods most readily available to you I suggest the ONE type foods or the ProPlan adult food for a pup to be raised on - they are both 'complete for all life stages' foods and may well be the most economical choice for you now. I feel either is better than Science Diet so you can see price is not the same as quality :-)
Your baby pup should probably still be on 3-4 meals a day at this age.

Guest Anonymous

I agree IAMS for large breed dogs is the best. It is made with real chicken meat and is scientifically design to help large breed grow, so their bones grow at a proper rate which is suppose to help prevent hip displasia.

Here is the web site for IAMS. Lots of info just search their site:

[url]www.iams.com[/url]