Dogomania

What does everyone feed their dogs?

Aroura

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Jacsmom']Ok Tic Doc (about Jac I have some ?'s for you on him I will start a new topic on that because it is a LONG story and I need serious info?!?!?!) on the food thing... are they not regulated on what goes in dog food? Kind of like say Del-Monte Green Beans? I know that with can food you are allowed so many shall we say foreign particles :) ! Are these plants not inspected and I would be curious to know just exactly how this is getting in the dog food?? If it is getting there through euthanized animals, are they laying in the plant somewhere and if this plant is inspected why are they not found? I know this sounds disgusting but...

Very interesting about the Aresnic building in systems in body... I would wonder about Pento. also... Wonder why FDA has not done study on that or are they or will they? I also would not want to feed any level of toxins to my dogs either but it truly makes me wonder why suddenly there is Pento. in food... I believe it has been there longer.. I believe it can be stopped and it makes you wonder what is allowed or is in everything else..[/quote]

Have you visited the FDA website? Some investigators are saying that the Pentobarbital is getting into the dog food via euthanized cows and horses. Hum....ALL the livestock sales that I've been too, the sick, old, injured and diseased cows and horses are sold to killer buyers who in turn take them to their respective plants. Horses go to Bel-Tex in Fort Worth, Texas (the other names escape me right now). If the animal can walk, then it goes for human food. If the animal dies in transit, it is taken to the pet food plant. There are companies that pickup dead animals and take them to a rendering plant (for animal food). There is a time limit (like the animal can't be dead for more than 24 --- I think, my memory is failing me tonight).

More horses are euthanized than cows (horse being a pet some people). I really doubt the Pento is getting into dog food from farm animals. There has already been proof that euthanized dogs and cats are being sold to pet food plants.

Like every other government entity ---- there aren't enough inspectors to go around. Some inspectors do their job and do it very well, some do not do their job and don't care.

Now that FDA have conducted the tests on dog food and contend that the Pento is at a low level that is not toxic.....they aren't going to stop it until a massive amount of dogs died from tainted dog food and law suits start flying around.

Yeah, it really bothers me that "an allowable" amount of rat feces, hair and other debris can be in human food. Again, it's that MONEY talks thing. You know......if I wanted to purposely eat rat crap, I'd catch a rat, house him until he crapped and then have some rat-poo-kabobs!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

HAHAHAHA!! :D Yea let's have a cookout! In reference to visiting the site..No I have not I really have been to disgusted.. I guess I really need to though... You would think with the release of this information that dog food companies would fix this.. The first thing to go through my mind...although disgusting was I guess that is how they get the meat in the food so cheap... but if you think about it would be a liable thing and why else would they use it.?!?!?! The thing with lawsuits would be how many owners are going to do autopsies to determine that is what there pet died from? So that being the case will they ever stop? :wink: