Dogomania

"Dog World" Black and tan coon hound back issue (M

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

[color=blue]Hello all,
"Dog World" is one of the many perscriptions of magazines that I have. Unfortunately, I tend to be careless with them. I usually throw the magazines away once I am done reading them. I never think that someday I might need it again.

I've purchased a black and tan coonhound puppy from a breeder and it is on the way this week. I need an old May Issue of "Dog World" which featured the black and tan coon hound. I would like to have some background information on the cute little puppy that I've ordered. I was wondering....does anyone know of a website, or a phone number, that I could use to order a back issue of "Dog World?"

I've tried the official dog world site and it doesn't seem to give the viewer back issue options. I could be wrong though. (Maybe I didn't look hard enough) But anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Bracco--[/color]

Guest Anonymous

You bought a dog without any idea what the breed was like? a HOUND dog? OH MY!
Dog World is online [url]http://www.dogworldmag.com/[/url] and you can also check ebay for back issues of dog world magazine
I suggest you go to [url]www.dogwise.com[/url] or [url]www.amazon.com[/url] and look for breed specific books.
This is a challenging breed to own from all I have read on it and I see many in shelters nationwide.

[quote name='bracco'][color=blue]Hello all,
"Dog World" is one of the many perscriptions of magazines that I have. Unfortunately, I tend to be careless with them. I usually throw the magazines away once I am done reading them. I never think that someday I might need it again.

I've purchased a black and tan coonhound puppy from a breeder and it is on the way this week. I need an old May Issue of "Dog World" which featured the black and tan coon hound. I would like to have some background information on the cute little puppy that I've ordered. I was wondering....does anyone know of a website, or a phone number, that I could use to order a back issue of "Dog World?"

I've tried the official dog world site and it doesn't seem to give the viewer back issue options. I could be wrong though. (Maybe I didn't look hard enough) But anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Bracco--[/color][/quote]

Guest Anonymous

It's funny that you should say that.
Actually, the Black and Tan coonhound is rare in my area, which is part of the reason as to why I have decided to take on this breed. When I go to shelters, the most commond breed that I find is the pit bull and the rott weiler. There are plenty of rott weilers and pit bulls around here but I have never seen a coon hound. I've never seen a coon hound in dog (no pun intended). Only in books.

I've owned a basset hound. The Basset hound is an extremely challenging dog to take on. Actually, I'm prepared for "the worst." :)

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='bracco']It's funny that you should say that.
Actually, the Black and Tan coonhound is rare in my area, which is part of the reason as to why I have decided to take on this breed. When I go to shelters, the most commond breed that I find is the pit bull and the rott weiler. There are plenty of rott weilers and pit bulls around here but I have never seen a coon hound. I've never seen a coon hound in dog (no pun intended). Only in books.

I've owned a basset hound. The Basset hound is an extremely challenging dog to take on. Actually, I'm prepared for "the worst." :)[/quote]

I don't think you have any idea - Bassets are not a 'high energy' breed indeed their shortness was bred in to slow them down in the field.
I suggest you take a look at [url]www.petfinder.org[/url] before you decide the breed is 'rare'.

Guest Anonymous

I have looked at Petfinder, and 92 is the amount of black and tan coonhounds that they have listed. 92 is a large number however, it isn't the largest number on the list.

Besides, I'm looking for a dog that you wouldn't normally find in my area. I'm not looking for a dog that you wouldn't normally find in the United States.