Dogomania

breeding but how

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

First I would take a year and read every book I could get my hands on about Westies. Make sure that your female is up to breed standards and has a good temperment. Also have a vet check for any health problems that effect this breed so as not to pass them along to your pups. That could cause really big problems if not done.
Second are you prepared to possibly lose your girl if something goes wrong? Pup gets stuck or so forth. It is a big vet bill for a c-section. If the a problem arose for you to have to bottle feed pups every 1 to 2 hrs (even thru the night) could you? Would you be able to take of work to be with mom when the birth came up?
Do you have homes for the proposed litter or a spay/neuter contract? Is it going to be a registered litter? If so is it going to be on limted registration? If a puppy buyer decides that they no longer can care for their puppy are you willing to take that puppy back into your home? Have you thought of microchipping your litter of puppies in case an owner does not contact you? So there may be 10 dogs at your house due to owners not being able to care for their pups but if you chose to breed that is a choice!
By the way who is the stud going to be????
I mean none of this in a rude or "attacking" way all of these are things that must be taken into consideration before you even think of breeding any animal in my opinion.

Guest Anonymous

Here is a website you can check out that will take you through a virtual breeding process. It will walk you through the whole thing from the breeding to the birth and all that. You get to make all the decisions on how to handle every aspect. Check it out and see what you think. I think it's one of the best things a person considering breeding could do to begin researching. :D [url]http://www.geocities.com/bluegracepwd/virtualbreeding.html[/url]

Guest Anonymous

Horsefeathers... I have been trying to remember that site for people and could not Thank You... It really is a good idea for people just to go there and go check it out. Try the first and the second one!! :D