Dogomania

Sheltie

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a Sheltie due with her first litter in the middle of June. I'm trying information about the average size litter for a Sheltie. She is two years old and in great health.

Thanks,

Bunny
[email][email protected][/email]

Guest Anonymous

the week before she is due take her in for an x-ray that way you will know how many to expect to be delivered and how many placentas to watch for to make sure everything is delivered properly

[quote]
On 2002-05-14 02:07, Anonymous wrote:
I have a Sheltie due with her first litter in the middle of June. I'm trying information about the average size litter for a Sheltie. She is two years old and in great health.

Thanks,

Bunny
[email][email protected][/email]
[/quote]

Guest Anonymous

dont have her xrayed a week prior, xrays damage and should only be used in immergency .. if you have to know have her scanned..... average litter size 1 to 6

Guest Anonymous

Don't listen to quacks - x-rays the week before delivery do no harm to the pups or the dam its only early on in pregnancy that there are worries from x-rays *maybe* causing some genetic damage to the developing fetus. Ultrasounds take a lot longer, stress the bitch more and can cause harm to the pups from the bitch struggling while the tech tries to see how many pups might be there and it doesn't show pups hidden by each other.

[quote]
On 2002-05-18 06:19, Anonymous wrote:
dont have her xrayed a week prior, xrays damage and should only be used in immergency .. if you have to know have her scanned..... average litter size 1 to 6
[/quote]

Guest Anonymous

quacks!!!!!!!!!!!
didnt realise this site was for ducks.
ultrasound stressing the bitch I have never seen or heard of this before, xrays can be dangerous they are radioactive............der

Guest Anonymous

Just because you have never heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't happen frequently- you cannot see all the pups on an ultrasound - normally with an x-ray you can see and count the skulls and know how many will be arriving.
x-rays are not dangerous and the amount of radiation used is minimal
The last thing you want to do with a whelping bitch is stress her highly before the delivery. Ultrasounds take longer and are less useful than an x-ray in this situation because dogs carry several pups not a single infant as humans normally do. Now if you are looking for something to help you diagnose a soft tissue problem such as a tumor or a heart defect then an ultrasound is the way to go.

[quote]
On 2002-05-19 06:21, Anonymous wrote:
quacks!!!!!!!!!!!
didnt realise this site was for ducks.
ultrasound stressing the bitch I have never seen or heard of this before, xrays can be dangerous they are radioactive............der
[/quote]

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

[quote name='puppies411']do what you feel is nesseccary.[/quote]be patient & accept the numbers God has gives her (Average 1 to 6 puppies)